Futuremrst
Devoted August 2019

Skipping a recessional song, using an Mp3, or guitarist?

Futuremrst, on July 19, 2019 at 12:05 PM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 0 5
Saved Save
We’re two weeks out and I didn’t even think of this until today, but we don’t have a recessional song! We have an acoustic guitarist (friend of FFIL) for while guests are seated and the processional, but we never asked him about the recessional. Do we need a recessional song? If we do, would it make more sense to have the guitarist do that as well or would a MP3 player and speaker work?

5 Comments

• Allie
    Rockstar August 2019
    Allie ·
    • Flag

I would just have the guitarist do it. I'm sure he would be willing.

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Yea the guitarist is there already anyway so I think it'd be nice to utilize him. I had a recessional song! I used I do by colbie caillat
  • Peggy
    Master November 2019
    Peggy Online ·
    • Flag
    Just ask the guitarist, he’s probably assuming he’s going to play something anyway. I would ask him if he has any music suggestions though before picking a random song this close. He may not mind a sudden request but I would at least ask.
  • October2019
    Dedicated October 2019
    October2019 ·
    • Flag
    You don't NEED one. We are putting songs on an e-file and having someone play them during the processional and recessional but they won't be the typical wedding instrumental songs. And we will behave a gutarist as well.
  • Futuremrst
    Devoted August 2019
    Futuremrst ·
    • Flag
    Thank you everyone! FH is going to ask our guitarist if he could play during the recessional, and if he has suggestions. This was probably a super easy decision but I feel like my anxiety is working overtime making everything feel harder than it is!

Comment on this discussion