Future Mrs. R Perez
Super July 2016

Silver or Gold?

Future Mrs. R Perez, on February 24, 2016 at 1:41 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 16
Saved Save

My wedding colors are Blush, Gold and Ivory. Recently realized how much my dress has silver-ish embellishments in the top part. I was planning to wear gold accessories and shoes. Do you think it will still match? or should I switch to silver? I read somewhere in a fashion blog that it is ok to mix metals, but this is so new to me that I can't decide.

(Pic shows Dress is big and needs alterations)

16 Comments

• Becoming a Mrs
    Master July 2016
    Becoming a Mrs ·
    • Flag

Mine also has some silver heading to it and will be wearing gold jewelry. I think you'll look fine with gold!

• Courtney
    Super April 2016
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

I have a very similar dress and my headband has lots of gold in it. Still looks great. We are color scheme twins BTW!

• Future Mrs. R Perez
    Super July 2016
    Future Mrs. R Perez ·
    • Flag

Thank you @becoming a Mrs and @Courtney

At this point I think I need reassuring on almost everything.

• FutureMilitaryWife (Jessica)
    Super November 2016
    FutureMilitaryWife (Jessica) ·
    • Flag

Mixed metals are big and in! Plus, most of the embellishments aren't truly "silver", but more of a sparkle. And sparkle goes with everything!

• FutureMilitaryWife (Jessica)
    Super November 2016
    FutureMilitaryWife (Jessica) ·
    • Flag

Mixed metals are big and in! Plus, most of the embellishments aren't truly "silver", but more of a sparkle. And sparkle goes with everything!

• R
    VIP September 2015
    Rosie9615 ·
    • Flag

My dress was technically silver and I went with gold accessories. I think it looked fine!

• Jessi
    VIP October 2015
    Jessi ·
    • Flag

Gold was one of our colors but I still wore silver tone jewelry. Not everything has to fit your color scheme exactly.

• LDwed
    Super April 2016
    LDwed ·
    • Flag

Before reading this my gut reaction was "gold, the answer is always gold!". But after I read it I realized I had this problem too! I love gold, gold everything, I go crazy with the gold spray paint. But the embellishment on my dress is sparkle/silverish so I went with sparkle/silver accessories...But I think gold should work fine if it's your preference.

ETA Main wedding color is gold

• OG FMP
    Master August 2015
    OG FMP ·
    • Flag

My wedding was also blush, gold and Ivory and my dress had silver-ish embellishments too and for my accessories i went with sparkly/silver.

• Brooke
    VIP October 2016
    Brooke ·
    • Flag

My girls are in gold and my dress is technically "ivory and silver". On a side by side pic it looks fab. I think you can rock either.

• SaraLep
    Master September 2015
    SaraLep ·
    • Flag

The Swarovski crystals on my dress were definitely outlined in silver and I wore gold shoes. It works.

• Kmess
    Master October 2015
    Kmess ·
    • Flag

One of our wedding colors was yellow but my dress had silver accents so I wore silver jewelry with blue shoes. My BMs wore gold jewelry. I think we all looked fine together though.

• MrsSA2B
    Expert April 2016
    MrsSA2B ·
    • Flag

My colors are very similar to yours, and I originally set out to wear rose gold. But well, my e-ring is white gold, and rose gold-colored stuff can either be hard to find or pricey. So I started looking at gold stuff. But when it comes to hair combs and certain accessories, they come predominantly in silver - or so it seems. Argghhh! So, I'm mixing it up. A little champagne or gold here, a little silver there. What the hell! Smiley tongue

• Mrs.Frizz
    VIP October 2016
    Mrs.Frizz ·
    • Flag

I love mixing metals but if you want to play it safe silver is probably your best bet.

ETA: Your dress is beautiful!

• Reggie
    Master September 2015
    Reggie ·
    • Flag

I love mixing metals. It depends though on what your personal style is. I really love how the different tones look together.

• Future Mrs. R Perez
    Super July 2016
    Future Mrs. R Perez ·
    • Flag

Thank you all for the input... I am leaning for a little of both. I love my gold shoes (they really wont be seen much under my dress) and my hair piece leans towards silver.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics