We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Caroline
Savvy June 2022

Signature drinks

Caroline, on May 31, 2020 at 8:13 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 16
Saved Save

So my fiancé doesn't drink but I want to do signature drinks how does that work if he doesn't drink

16 Comments

• Rebecca
    Rockstar August 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

I don't drink, but we had alcohol at our wedding. Your FH just won't drink. Everyone else may enjoy it!

• Jana
    Rockstar June 2023
    Jana Online ·
    • Flag
    Serve nonalcoholic choices. There's a ton of recipes on Pinterest. Flavored lemonades, sweet tea, punch, virgin frozen drinks, hot chocolate, spiced/sparkling cider. The sky is the limit.
  • Caroline
    Savvy June 2022
    Caroline ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

No I mean I want to have a signature drink for me and him but idk what to do

• V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag

I don't drink, but my husband does. We had one signature drink. Two of our friends are bartenders so my husband gave them the list of all ingredients our venue would have to make a signature drink so they made several different drinks for my husband to try. This was a great way for my husband to figure out what he would like before the wedding. Our guests seemed to really like it. Just because your fiance doesn't drink, doesn't mean your guests don't. If you want two, have one alcoholic drink and one non-alcoholic drink.

• A
    Expert December 2020
    Anais ·
    • Flag
    He doesn’t have to drink it. You could either do something non alcoholic like PP said or if you want an alcoholic drink that represents him still, just have one that had flavors he likes. So if he likes coffee have something with coffee liqueur, if he likes pineapple, have something with pineapple etc.
    Or you could just even do one signature drink, it could be a drink that represents both of you!
  • Jana
    Rockstar June 2023
    Jana Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Pick a drink you like and he picks a drink he likes. His choice doesn't have to be alcoholic. The concept is the same. You're just accommodating his choice so there would be one alcoholic option and one that's not.
  • Chanelly
    Savvy January 2021
    Chanelly ·
    • Flag
    Hey! Why don't you do a mocktail and a cocktail. Like a his and hers signature drink so that his doesn't not have to have alchohol in it.
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This sounds like a great idea!
  • Jasmine
    Rockstar February 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

You can either have just one signature drink or you can make his signature drink nonalcoholic.

• Elizabeth
    Rockstar June 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

You can either do a mocktail for his signature drink, or you can do an alcoholic version of his favorite. So if his favorite was root beer float, you could do a spiked root beer float with rum (just an example).

• J
    Master 0000
    Judith ·
    • Flag
    Pick a mixer you like with or without alcohol. put alcohol only in one of them, and a white grape juice or other bland mixer in the other. Or serve something that stands on its own. Your signature drink is coffee with sweetened whip cream on top, and you offer 1 to 6 liqueurs that go well with coffee. Coffee, chocolate, cinnamon, hazelnut, vanilla liqueurs. Or non alcoholic equivalent flavors. .... Or make a basic sour, a lemonade or limeade or cranberry based drink or a mixer like half and half. Add either Rum or with non alcoholic ginger beer.
    What is the issue? There is no rule every ounce must have the same ingredients for both of you. If you go to a place with signature greek style pizza, with feta , olives, and tomato chunks, mozzarella and sauce, one of you may have lamb sausage added, one not. Still a greek style pizza. Same with a Signature drink. I find it rude when people decide on one serving only a signature drink, like a vodka martini, and give no thought to what they are serving the 40 people not drinking alcohol, or hating vodka. Sometimes the only other choice is water, wine or beer. Any signature drink should have a non- alcoholic variant.
  • Jana
    Rockstar June 2023
    Jana Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Completely agree
  • Amazing Planning
    Dedicated June 2016
    Amazing Planning ·
    • Flag
    You could do what drink (alcohol or no) as his signature drink(Italian soda, egg cream, slushie, malt, special tea or coffee mix, old style soda, juice, ect)
  • Kari
    VIP May 2020
    Kari ·
    • Flag

You can just pick out 2-3 signature drinks - it doesn't have to be one drink that is your favorite and one that is his favorite. You don't even need to like one of your signature drinks, but can create something that matches your theme or is something you know most of your guests will enjoy.

• Mandee
    Devoted September 2020
    Mandee ·
    • Flag

We're having just the one signature drink because we're in the same boat. I drink, he doesn't, so we're doing our bar with beer/wine/one sig drink.

• Naikesha
    Rockstar September 2020
    Naikesha ·
    • Flag

You can have a signature drink and do a mocktail for him.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles