Futuremrsc
VIP July 2019

Show me your sola wood flowers!

Futuremrsc, on April 6, 2017 at 11:40 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 29
Saved

Sola flowers keep popping up on my FB feed so it made me curious to see if any of you have gone this route and what your bouquets/centerpieces/decorations have turned out like?

29 Comments

Latest activity by Katie, on April 7, 2017 at 12:15 AM
  • PerfectlyPolin
    VIP September 2017
    PerfectlyPolin ·
    • Flag

These are the boutineers I made from our left over wood flowers! I am using them for everything and love them!

• Futuremrsc
    VIP July 2019
    Futuremrsc ·
    • Flag

Those are so cute!

• SoonToBeMrsE
    Expert May 2017
    SoonToBeMrsE ·
    • Flag

We're using them for our centerpieces.. I dyed them using actual wine

• Futuremrsc
    VIP July 2019
    Futuremrsc ·
    • Flag

Was it fairly simple dying them yourself? I saw on the sola website you can order them predyed too

• NatHam
    VIP October 2017
    NatHam ·
    • Flag

I can't stop buying them. I haven't started constructing my bouquets yet (this weekend) but I have ordered over 200 and I am having so much fun with all of this. This was the ones I got last night.

• NatHam
    VIP October 2017
    NatHam ·
    • Flag

Dying them is super easy. You use warm water and acrylic paint and then dip them in and let dry completely. You will then attach stems with hot glue and wire

• NatHam
    VIP October 2017
    NatHam ·
    • Flag

The flash makes them look brighter than they are. Some of my colors and flowers that I put stems on. I have bought flowers from saveoncrafts and solawoodflowers and they both gave great products. Solawoodflowers has cheaper shipping but sell out fast. And until midnight has 20% off.

I will then be using dried flowers for fillers and also have all that already.. also look up "focus group swb" on facebook. A bunch of ladies share projects with sola flowers and give tips and tricks.

• bkf
    Devoted September 2016
    bkf ·
    • Flag

I'll post a few of mine!

• bkf
    Devoted September 2016
    bkf ·
    • Flag

Bridesmaids bouquets and corsages!

• bkf
    Devoted September 2016
    bkf ·
    • Flag

Bullet boutineers!

• bkf
    Devoted September 2016
    bkf ·
    • Flag

Centerpieces

• Futuremrsc
    VIP July 2019
    Futuremrsc ·
    • Flag

@NatHam11 @bkf I love all of yours! The more I see the more I want to go buy some but there are so many different options to choose from that it's so hard to choose

• NatHam
    VIP October 2017
    NatHam ·
    • Flag

@ Cassie, I started with a few dozen (they usually come by the dozen) and went from there. I made sure I like them first. Then I found the ones I loved and kept ordering them. There are so many different sizes and kinds. I recommend the flowers around 2-3 inches. The one inch and cute, but you may need 10000 of them to make one bouquet. Etsy has a good selection too, but buying from more than one shop can add up in shipping costs. You will not regret it, so unique and fun!

• Cass
    VIP August 2017
    Cass ·
    • Flag

I ended up getting loose ones from ecoflower along with their bouquets for me (before they didn't make custom ones). I'm obsessed with them!

• Judi
    VIP June 2017
    Judi ·
    • Flag

I wanted burgundy and navy.. colors came lighter so I had to hand dye them. it's quite pretty with my dress

• Deactivated
    Super April 2020
    Deactivated ·
    • Flag

I didn't know about these but I'm glad I came across this thread. These all look so amazing!

• Amy
    Beginner April 2017
    Amy ·
    • Flag

My bouquet, grooms boutineer and mini boutineer for my boys.

• Juli
    VIP March 2017
    Juli ·
    • Flag

I kept getting "lemons" so let's see if this time it will work...

Eta: left my bouquet and DH's boutonnière from Curious Floral on Etsy; our centerpieces with a single Sola flower we found at Target, it was suppose to be a vase filler but we decided to use them like this instead; it came with 6 flowers.

• SoonToBeMrsE
    Expert May 2017
    SoonToBeMrsE ·
    • Flag

I just dipped them in cheap wine and let them dry completely to dye them.. it started with me drinking a glass of wine and said "I'd like them to be this color" next thing you know I had one in my wine glass (I got a new one to drink) and loved the outcome

• A
    Beginner May 2018
    Alicia ·
    • Flag

Ecoflowers has great prices and certain bouquets they donate proceeds to the John's Hopkins children's hospital heart unit. I am doing using them just because of they recycle and donate. Karma. Karma. Karma.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics