Joseph
Just Said Yes May 2021

Should i postpone my bridal shower too?

Joseph, on February 15, 2021 at 7:44 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 6
Saved
Help, please! So my fiancé and I made the decision to postpone our wedding reception to next year. We are still getting married this year with just immediate family. But we’re having a vow renewal and reception celebration next year. Question is, should I also postpone my bridal shower until next year??

6 Comments

Latest activity by Lee, on February 16, 2021 at 10:15 AM
  • Michelle
    Rockstar April 2021
    Michelle Online ·
    • Flag
    Tricky- those you invite to your bridal shower need to be invited to your wedding you’re having soon. Personally I’d wait until next year.
  • Rebelle Fleur
    Rockstar July 2021
    Rebelle Fleur ·
    • Flag
    Technically you’d already be a bride next year. COVID has changed a lot of what was traditional wedding etiquette. You can either postpone or let those who will not be invited to the wedding know that you invited them so you can celebrate with them in some form as COVID is preventing you from inviting them to the wedding.
  • Shirley
    Expert November 2020
    Shirley ·
    • Flag
    I would do the shower this year. I don't think anyone will care that they're invited to the reception but not the minimony. They'll be happy to help you start your married life
  • Mrs. Spring
    Master April 2021
    Mrs. Spring ·
    • Flag
    It's completely up to you. Have you considered having a virtual one?
  • SHY
    Master January 2022
    SHY ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I agree with Shirley.

We were invited to our friends' shower, and they're eloping but have a reception/celebration with everyone when they come home. No one bat an eye or thought it was rude!

• L
    Savvy August 2020
    Lee ·
    • Flag

I think it depends on why you postponed your reception. Personally, I got married and will be having the shower next year before my reception because the whole point of postponing the reception was to avoid a gathering and for the safety of those attending. No one cares (and if they do and I am unaware of it, then I really don't care after having dealt with a million COVID wedding issues) that I am "technically" already married.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics