We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Marina

Should i hire a first choice photographer?

Marina, on July 3, 2020 at 2:53 AM Posted in Planning 0 6
Saved Save

So we had troubles with the photographer we wanted to work with at first and now we are looking for a new one. To be honest, I feel exhausted and I found a girl who does nice shots and I'd like to hire her by my mom and FH keep telling me I have to look for somebody else to compare and that I shouldn't hire a first choice photographer. What do you think? Any examples of you hiring your first choice?

6 Comments

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Technically speaking she isn’t your first choice right since you said you had had troubles with a previous photographer ?
  • H
    Super June 2019
    Hanna ·
    • Flag

I don't understand what you mean by "a first choice photographer." As PP indicated, you said you had a falling our with your previous photographer. Maybe we can help if you can clarify

• Natalie
    August 2021
    Natalie ·
    • Flag

If her works are decent, you better go for her before somebody else does! Smiley laugh Of course, comparing and all is great but if you are sure that the person you'd like to hire will do a good job taking the pictures and won't use a dope free Paint program do edit them (I mean, use Photodiva at least, if you don't like Photoshop! Smiley laugh ), then it's a good choice.

• Mindy
    Super November 2020
    Mindy ·
    • Flag
    I did a lot of research here on wedding wire and reviewed their websites and Instagram accounts before I reached out to anyone.
    If you find someone whose work you love, the price is right and they have good communication, why would you continue looking?
    Go with your instincts!
  • V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag

I only spoke with one photographer. One of my friends got married about two months before my husband and I got engaged and I loved her wedding photos so when we got engaged I knew I wanted the same photographer. I reached out to the photographer and she had our date available and she was within the price range we budgeted for. I did look at the websites for the photographers our venue recommended, but most of their packages started at $5,000 for just a basic package and our photographer was $2,300 for her mid-package.

• L
    Super July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    I always like to compare at least 2-3 options just to get an idea of what each one includes, though if you like their portfolio, are happy with them, and they're in budget, definitely hire them before someone else does!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles