Hermione
Devoted February 2020

Should i get....

Hermione, on June 25, 2019 at 6:52 PM Posted in Planning 0 14
Saved Save
There is budgetary room... All these options were going to be diy but I am thinking it might be worth it since there is money in the budget but not for all.

A. Hair and makeup (I never do makeup and the location is a wind tunnel)

B. Antique car limo

C. Edible arrangement fruit centerpiece

What would you choose

14 Comments

• Hannah
    VIP July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    I would do A or B. I think either will help enhance pictures which you will keep forever.
  • Trista
    VIP September 2019
    Trista ·
    • Flag
    I should get my hair done. Some sort of strong braid that could stand up against the wind.
  • Hermione
    Devoted February 2020
    Hermione ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks for your response.

The cost of A is maybe $300 (7am-9am just bridal hair and makeup). B is $400 for the car from the notebook. And $150 for strawberry bouquet for C.
  • Hermione
    Devoted February 2020
    Hermione ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My hair is near impossible to braid for professional hairstylist. It is very very fine and limp. Also it will refuse curls. Perms don't come out right with it. It's kinda like nailed it hair edition.
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    Absolutely hair & makeup! Even if you don’t regularly wear it, you can ask for a very natural look that will look beautiful in pics. And why fuss with your hair on your big day??? Of course it won’t behave on such an important day.
  • Trista
    VIP September 2019
    Trista ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Try extensions. They help your hair curl and also try one of the curling irons that sucks your hair inside. I've never been able to get my hair to curl (had to refuel it 8 times before I left for senior prom in high school) and that kind of curler actually worked once we sprayed the hair with hairspray first!
  • Hermione
    Devoted February 2020
    Hermione ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My hair is fine in texture but it has volume and length. Hair extensions have been tried but they slowly and painfully fall out because there isn't any texture for them to grip on to.

It's pretty but clips, hair ties and trying to tame it to do something other than what it wants is fun. It's literally the most difficult hair type in the world to style unless down.

It can be curled professionally but even with the best hair spray, it won't hold the full 12 hours. It may last 6-8.
  • CDickman
    VIP September 2019
    CDickman ·
    • Flag
    I would get A. I am getting A.
  • Diana
    Rockstar December 2019
    Diana ·
    • Flag
    Man this is too hard to choose!!!
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    A or b
    B especially sounds like a fun thing
  • D
    Super July 2020
    D ·
    • Flag
    Hair and makeup
  • Kimberly
    Expert October 2019
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag

Hair and makeup. as someone who does makeup all the time, I've considered doing my own makeup for my wedding, but how often will have the chance to be pampered that way? i say give yourself a glam squad. wedding makeup is tricky, it has to be done in a way that's sure to come thru in photos.

• Ashley
    Expert October 2020
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

Hair and makeup would be my choice. I am not a makeup person, but I still plan to do it because I know there will be pictures all over the place on top of our photos.

My hair is very fine and doesn't on a regular day hold curls, but my hairdresser is amazing and has been able to get my hair to curl and stay. or you could do an updo which I have had done too and it holds with hairspray and bobby pins

• Cristy
    Rockstar May 2020
    Cristy ·
    • Flag

Hair and makeup would be my choice, and in fact is my choice. I never get to be or feel pampered, so I decided, this is my one day to feel like a princess, why not do it all the way? So, I made sure there was room in the budget for professional hair and makeup.

I struggle with my hair and makeup everyday. Why would I want to go through that on what is supposed to be the happiest day of my life? It won't be the happiest day of my life if I have to do my own hair!! lol

Comment on this discussion