Skip to main content
K
June 2022

Should i do Welcome bags and Favors or just Favors?

Kristen, on July 1, 2021 at 4:03 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 7
Saved

I will be having people coming in from out of town for my wedding and staying in the hotel that our reception is at. So should I do welcome bags in addition to favors at my wedding or just do favors? And if I should include welcome bags what are some things I should include in them?

Thank you!!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on July 2, 2021 at 12:12 AM
  • Michelle
    Rockstar December 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    Neither. Focus on what guests actually enjoy and remember which makes or breaks the event: good food, free drinks, good dj.

Favors are always left behind which is wasted money on your part.
  • Samantha
    Expert December 2021
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    We're doing edible favors of one of my famous cookie recipes! Since our wedding theme is Enchanted Christmas, I ordered these cute drawstring bags with Lumiere on it that say "Thanks for Being Our Guest!". Normally I wouldn't bother with favors but since majority of our guests are coming in from out of town we wanted to. We aren't doing welcome bags since we're most likely picking everyone up at the airport ourselves. There aren't any shuttles nearby since the closest airport is 2 hour away from the venue.
  • K
    June 2022
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We are doing an edible favor as well. Thank you for your input!

• Samantha
    Expert December 2021
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You're welcome!
  • Michelle
    Master April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    We did edible favors at ours. I bought chocolate covered toffee from a local baker (supporting local business) & travel size hand sanitizers. They were a hit! Nothing was left behind!
  • Hanna
    VIP June 2019
    Hanna ·
    • Flag

We did both, but they're totally optional.

For our welcome bags we included water bottles, various snacks like chips, pretzels, granola bars, etc. and a hangover kit with advil, electrolyte powder, a package of mentos, makeup remover wipe, etc. We bought everything in bulk at Costco so they were super affordable and also fun to make. Our out of town guests staying at the hotel block definitely appreciated them.

For the favors, we did small bags of buttermints with "mint to be" tags and they were also a hit, and nearly all were taken!

• Jennifer
    Dedicated August 2021
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    We’re doing welcome bags for the hotel guests. I’ve always enjoyed getting one as a guest, and we’re also going the Costco route. We’re including most of the things mentioned above, as well as some local candy and mini liquor bottles (We’re tying the knot -take a shot”).

We’re not really doing favors per se - we figured the dessert table to-go boxes and the photo booth pics count as favors.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics