K
Devoted April 2018

Shoes

Kelly , on January 14, 2018 at 12:55 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 25
Saved
I would LOVE from brides not wearing heels. I plan to be in my dress all day (afternoon ceremony and tapas reception and then intimate dinner for me and my FH). I don’t wear heels unless i feel like i have to. If you’re not wearing heels, what are you wearing and where did you get them and are they comfy? I’m between chucks and fancy flats and thinking i may splurge on both...

25 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly , on January 20, 2018 at 8:38 PM
  • Sara
    Savvy November 2018
    Sara ·
    • Flag
    I'm wearing sparkly keds! I want to be comfy all day!
  • Tiffanie
    Beginner October 2018
    Tiffanie ·
    • Flag

I'm also wearing sparkly keds. Plus, the ones I got are blue inside so that's one extra thing to cross off the list!

• FutureMrsGSon
    Dedicated September 2018
    FutureMrsGSon ·
    • Flag

I recently went to a wedding where the bride wore navy blue toms. They looked so cute! She even had them monogrammed with her new initials.

• Future Mrs B
    Super July 2017
    Future Mrs B ·
    • Flag
    I wore little red ballet flats from payless. I don't wear heals either. Red was one of our colors.
  • Nikki
    Super May 2018
    Nikki ·
    • Flag
    I splurged a little and am wearing Badgley Mischka flats. My dress is an Art Deco inspired sheath dress with a lot of beadwork. I didn’t want to wear plain flats with it. I got them at Macys when they had 25% off and they were considerably less than I found them elsewhere. The shoes are a really soft suede. I might put a heel guard on them just to ensure there’s no rubbing over the course of the day but I don’t expect there to be.

Shoes 1
  • NinjaBride
    Super June 2018
    NinjaBride ·
    • Flag
    I am ordering a pair of Rothys flats. They are plain I am getting them our color and I don’t really plan on them being seen or photographed.
  • MsToMrs
    Dedicated September 2018
    MsToMrs ·
    • Flag
    I am a hippy so birks for me! My mom is less than pleased...

Shoes 2
  • muriel
    Champion June 2018
    muriel ·
    • Flag

There are hundreds of threads showing brides wearing flats or Chucks.

I am in team "dress up on your wedding day" because I just can't reconcile wearing super casual shoes with the most formal dress I will wear in my lifetime. But that's for me.

No one will see your shoes unless you show them, so do what works for you.

• Josh & Justine
    Super May 2018
    Josh & Justine ·
    • Flag
    Sparkly flats for me! I got them from https://www.kaileep.com/
    Their specialty is wedding shoes, mostly flats! They’re pretty comfortable on their own, but I also got heel inserts that have now made them VERY comfortable.

Shoes 3
  • JerseyGirl
    Master May 2017
    JerseyGirl ·
    • Flag
    I am a tom not at heart but I agree with dressing up for your wedding day. You can get some sparkly flats or small heels/wedges that are completely comfortable. I wore these from Penney’s but DSW has a great selection as well.

Shoes 4
  • Mrs J
    Expert May 2018
    Mrs J ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hahaha! Sounds like my mom's reaction to me saying I wanted to be barefoot or wear my Chacos! 😂😂

To bee honest, I'm still undecided with regards to shoes...
  • MsToMrs
    Dedicated September 2018
    MsToMrs ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I would live in mine if it wasn't for winter! My mom keeps trying to talk me out of them. Sorry mom, not gonna happen!
  • Julie
    VIP April 2018
    Julie ·
    • Flag
    I’ve seen a few of these threads within the past week but flats for me! FH and I are basically the same height. Also my something blue with the soles

Shoes 5
  • Bailey
    Devoted January 2018
    Bailey ·
    • Flag
    Converse are my everyday go-to but wanted something slightly nice for my wedding. I bought some Lucky flats (Emmy) in navy to match my bridesmaid dresses. They are SUPER comfy!!!
  • K
    Devoted April 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I saw these at BHLDN and they’re GORGEOUS!!!
  • K
    Devoted April 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    Yea i think the flats are gorgeous!! I’m not sure if it’s an all or nothing for me in terms of heels or converse or having an in between. I just want shoes i can wear often...
  • Kelly
    Dedicated November 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    I'm wearing converse!Smiley smile
  • Nikki
    Super May 2018
    Nikki ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I did too! That’s where I got my dress & my mom actually brought the shoes over. But I couldn’t justify the price. I spent almost $100 less at Macys during the sale!
  • K
    Devoted April 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    What dress did you end up with? I’m totally second guessing mine 😳
  • Nikki
    Super May 2018
    Nikki ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    The Naomi! I dismissed it online because the model doesn’t do it justice. I had a whole list to see but when I walked in to the store I saw it hanging up and had to try it on. Is that where you got yours too? Which one?! For some reason it won’t let me include a photo in a reply to your reply haha.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics