Is anyone getting married September 2021?!! This is my second date due to canceling last year, how is everyone feeling? Will you cancel again? Personally if I have do cancel again, I will be done and do a backyard wedding and calling it a day!
Latest activity by Sandra, on February 3, 2021 at 4:22 PM
We were scheduled to have our wedding this fall as well, but just last week made the decision to reschedule (for the second time) to fall of 2022. This is it though! If this date doesn’t work out, we are just getting married and cutting our losses!
I’m planning to get married this September and still feel pretty confident! I’m just keeping a positive mindset for now and planning as normal. I’ll reevaluate in the spring though depending on how COVID cases are.
We just postponed our wedding for a second time (went from May 2021 to September 2021) but I’m confident in it and I don’t plan on postponing it again.
We are doing September 4, 2021! Going full force ahead everything is paid for and even if it’s only 50 people were still having it that day. As long as immediate family is their and we can dance and have a good time we are happy.
Still planning for September 25, 2021 but if the borders aren't open by April or May at the latest then I will reschedule to Spring 2022! Wedding is in Spain so kinda need open borders lol. I feel optimistic though. I hope you get to keep your date as well!
Our wedding is September 24, 2021. This is our original date too, as we started planning back in August. For now, we’re going full speed ahead with planning. We will evaluate the conditions in mid spring to prepare for adjustments. We’re not postponing. We’re getting married, whether it’s all 145 of us or only 25. It’s a tough time and many brides have had multiple postponements and it’s just so stressful. Don’t stress out too much yet. We got some time before we need to plan for Covid.🙂
Almost half of our guests have already been vaccinated with our grandparents all scheduled this month to be. Unless there is a new strain (which would mean we may never recover/so postponing would be silly at that point) or some other issue, I think it’d be pretty safe to have our wedding in 8 months barring a government mandate. I’m optimistic at this point.
Im optimistic for what September will bring. We are supposed to get married on the 18th but I really am considering postponing to 2022. I can’t imagine having 50 people and no dancing. To me, its worth the extra wait.
Ours is August 2021 (I know, I'm not in my month post), but in Italy! So we are in a similar position with the unknowns of travel restrictions or regulations that would make it difficult to travel internationally. We already postponed from August 2020, but rather postpone again if things don't look good soon as it really takes away from the excitement and, as my FH and I keep saying, we didn't postpone to have a wedding full of restrictions.
View Quoted Comment
That’s amazing! Where in Italy? At what point do you think you’ll make the decision to postpone? My planner requested that any weddings in august or later that the brides wait until end of February at least. I feel optimistic that the vaccine will change our covid lives quite a bit once it gets rolling faster! Hope so anyway 🙂🤞🏼
My wedding is in October 2021 and we are still planning as normal but keeping an eye on restrictions as they change frequently. We do not want to postpone at all so we are pretty optimistic restrictions will not be as terrible in 8 months.
Our date is Sept 4, 2021. Trying to figure out if we should delay. We're already planning to go to city hall and get married on our anniversary this April, so September is all about celebrating with others. Which makes me think we should delay if there's still any covid precautions by then. So hard to tell at this point but 2022 dates are filling up fast!
In Lake Como within Lombardy, which was hard hit with Covid. Given the impact that Covid has had on our loved ones and our travel hubs having uncertainty around them, we have asked to postpone already, but the venue (who controls the florist, lighting, music and catering) is not willing to discuss until end of March and even then may not agree to it without significant upcharge.
We are keeping our 9.18.21 wedding date, but we made the decision to push our honeymoon back to March 2022 due to the new travel requirements with Covid. Too many unknown variables. We don't want to risk to chance of getting stuck in another country
Lake Como is one of my favorite places in the world! So stunning there. Which venue?
I do hope they end up being flexible with you, or perhaps that the vaccine rollout starts to quicken and maybe everything will start to feel "normal" later in the year.
We are going to postpone if borders aren't open by April or May the absolute latest. It's kind of hard to ask people to plan international travel with that much uncertainty so we'll go for Spring 2022 if that ends up being the case. I know moving your wedding twice has got to be difficult though. :/