Jenna
Dedicated September 2020

Sept Brides, how ya feeling?

Jenna, on May 5, 2020 at 12:09 PM Posted in Community Conversations 2 40
Saved
Reply
Hi guys. Our date is Sept 6 in a small town in MO.. we’ve just been riding it out. My mood changes from anxiety to hope everyday. We have about 150 invited. In Columbia, businesses are slowly opening back up so I’m choosing to be optimistic.. If anything, we’ll just have to uninvite people and stick to our bridal party and close family and friends I guess..

40 Comments

Latest activity by Ariel, on May 17, 2020 at 9:42 AM
  • O
    Savvy September 2021
    Olivia ·
    • Flag
    September 6 bride here too! We’re waiting until at least July to make a decision. We’re hoping for the best and willing to cut down our guest list if absolutely necessary!
    • Reply
  • Jenna
    Dedicated September 2020
    Jenna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yep! Honestly I’d rather have a smaller intimate wedding and still have the reception on the same day too. Just feels more traditional to me
    • Reply
  • Kevin
    Super October 2021
    Kevin ·
    • Flag
    I’m in October and we have created a back up plan with all our vendors. I’m too anxious and impatient to do the whole wait and see. We picked a back up date and have our vendors holding that date so we can make a decision to keep or move once we get closer. We are deciding in August when we will either send out invites or send out postponments. We want a big wedding and have a lot of family so we would rather postpone than have a small wedding. Creating a plan b now and a date to decide will help with the stress of it all!
    • Reply
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

    We are September 12th! We are hoping for the best. Things are looking good for our county in Central Wisconsin. The COVID unit is actually being taken down this week since they haven't had anyone in it in over 2 weeks. We have 150 invited. I think we would be at 130 even without COVID my guess is that now we might be around 120 or so. The other thing that I look at is that venue is huge, max capacity of 600. The way a person that works there emailed me was that even there are restrictions based on capacity limits we should be ok since there is so much space and social distancing if need be can be practiced.

    • Reply
  • Bridalbaddie2020
    Dedicated September 2020
    Bridalbaddie2020 ·
    • Flag
    I’m a September 6th bride too. My fiancé was considering postponing but I told him we should wait it out. We are only going to have 50 people or less in virginia. It looks like Virginia can be in phase two by then. Also my venue still intends to hold September weddings.
    • Reply
  • Hillary
    Expert October 2021
    Hillary ·
    • Flag
    Chicagoland resident here. We were lucky enough to get married on our original date in April(with 8 guests), but had postponed our big 350 guest wedding to September 13th. We had a call with our wedding planner the other day and she asked if we would be prepared to cut our guest list down to 100 or less and have everyone wearing masks among other things. We would rather have our big wedding that we’ve been planning since January 2019, so we’ve decided to postpone again. This time to July 2021 which I’m hoping is far out enough.


    With states opening up prematurely, a second wave is more than likely so I think it’s best to postpone or elope and have a celebration next year.
    • Reply
  • Molly
    VIP September 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag

    September 5th in a very small town in CA. Our entire county has only had 8 cases and all but two have recovered so far. Our sheriff is read to open things up just waiting on our governor to let us Smiley ups . We are still moving forward as normal with 130 guest. Our venue is out doors and has plenty of room for people to keep 6 feet apart if they wish.

    • Reply
  • S
    Dedicated July 2020
    Shannon ·
    • Flag
    Mid-MO July bride here! We plan to get married on our date. We have put "coronavirus insert cards" in our invitations to let guests know we're monitoring the situation and if we need to change plans we will reach out to those who have indicated to us they plan to attend. I'm hoping for the best but things are so up in the air right now it's hard to picture how things may be. If needed it'll just be wedding party and family members.
    • Reply
  • Jasie
    Dedicated September 2020
    Jasie ·
    • Flag
    September 19th. I'm waiting til July before I have to consider postponing, so right now I'm going ahead as normal. My vendors are optimistic as well. Illinois is in its 2nd month of lockdown, which has me more optimistic that it'll be over by September since we're taking more precautions in clearing it out.
    We've already decided that worst case scenario we'll just get married on the date and do the reception later.
    The closer we get the more hopeful I am. Smiley smile
    • Reply
  • Jennifer
    Dedicated September 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m 9/19 as well! Although I’m not very confident. I’m in Mass and we are still in stay at home mode. The plan is to eventually start reopening in phases. I’m sure things will be open by then but i don’t want guests to be uncomfortable, have to wear masks or ya end up having to cancel after putting more money down than we already have. I’m almost thinking cut our losses now instead of pay thousands more and just have to postpone in the end. We are considering just having a small backyard ceremony with immediate family and a party later when we can. I just don’t want to keep wondering. I’d rather cancel now and avoid the stress but that’s just me! Smiley smile Hope it all works out whatever everyone decides!
    • Reply
  • Lena
    Devoted May 2021
    Lena ·
    • Flag

    Hang in there, with the sates opening up anything can happen by September. Smiley smile

    • Reply
  • Ariel
    Savvy June 2021
    Ariel ·
    • Flag

    September 6 bride too!! I'm in the same boat, some days I feel optimistic and some days I just feel like cancelling the whole thing because this is so stressful. Similar guest count, 158 people to be invited. We're in New Jersey and most of our guest list is fairly local or within an hour or two driving distance. We are going to be talking to our venue coordinator to see what other couples have been doing and what our options are if we choose or need to postpone. I really don't want to postpone because I don't want to risk losing any of our vendors if they aren't available for the new date, but I also don't know that even if we can have the wedding many people will feel comfortable attending. I wish there were some right answers here! Smiley cry

    • Reply
  • Alyssa
    Dedicated July 2021
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    Also September 6! Trying to stay hopeful but with our governors release of our Phase 5 reopening plan, I don’t know how to feel. We need to be in Phase 5 to have our wedding with all guests (~160 invited + vendors) and we won’t get to Phase 5 until there’s a vaccine or an effective and widely available treatment. I know a lot can change in 4 months so we’re trying to hold out until July before making any big decisions. We’ve both agreed that we’re getting married this year regardless but Im just keeping my fingers crossed everything can go as planned on the day!
    • Reply
  • Julie
    Savvy September 2020
    Julie ·
    • Flag
    I feel September will be fine. Our date is 9/3/20 & since we have a very small wedding planned I’m not concerned. My planner is not either.
    • Reply
  • K
    Savvy September 2020
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Flag

    I'm September 26th! I am holding out. We still sent our Save the Dates and I have a portion of my wedding website geared for updates as to which plan we will do. Our state is still shut-down, but they are re-evaluating on 5/8. I have sectioned off my guest list into 3 categories: Plan A (original list), Plan B (group <50 - family and wedding party only), and Plan C (<10 - immediate family only). It is hard for me to get excited about planning when I can only buy things online and can't do wedding stuff.

    Hang in there! we still have months to go!

    • Reply
  • Hannah
    Beginner September 2020
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    This is 100% me as well. I have been super optimistic about the whole situation but yesterday I struggled hard. We are inviting people via postcard and sending them to our website for updates. We will have to decide probably a month out I figure. We're having it on my parents land and don't have many big vendors we are working with so I figure a month is close enough to cancel if we totally have to.
    • Reply
  • Jennifer
    VIP October 2021
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    Freaking out. Now on top of the COVID-19, which is horribly bad!!!!, I have my dad( who I’m not close with) diagnosed with an aggressive cancer on bladder/prostate etc, my moms surgery didn’t help her as much as we’d hoped, and I have now been told my hip IS surgical and has to be dealt with!!! The recovery for a “normal healing person” is 12-14 WEEKS... for me it is 16-20!!
    We are supposed to get married September 19,2020.... in UPSTATE NY.... at a casino/resort.

    So I am trying my best to NOT panic and become immobilized depressed and not reallllllly succeeding- sadly.

    May you be better at it than me and the wedding of your dreams go off without a hitch!!!!!!
    • Reply
  • Lauren
    Just Said Yes September 2021
    Lauren ·
    • Flag
    We were 10/11/2020 and postponed to 9/25/2021. We are planning to elope ourselves wherever travel allows this 9/25 and do a vow renewal/party on our 1 year anniversary so the date is significant. It was a tough decision, but it seems unlikely to have a normal event this calendar year. We didn’t want anyone to feel uncomfortable or have to wear a face mask, which seems very likely at this point! So, to avoid the anxiety and later scramble, we made the call now. I also work in healthcare in MA and have seen the worst of the worst, so I am probably less optimistic about the trajectory than most. Good luck to all!
    • Reply
  • Sara
    Expert August 2021
    Sara ·
    • Flag
    September 5th here, we are waiting untill l end of June beginning of July to make a decision.
    • Reply
  • Taran
    Expert September 2020
    Taran ·
    • Flag
    Another September 19th bride. Tennessee just lifted their safer at home and things are starting to open back up. We’ve invited 165 and are still planning for the 19th. My venue is outside and the owners are offering discounts at their other venues to help displaced brides so as long as the venue is game so are we. I had a conversation with my fiancé the other day because I’d be so disappointed if I didn’t get my big celebration. I know we’re all feeling the stress right now
    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics