We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Liz
Devoted June 2021

Second Guessing

Liz, on August 12, 2019 at 8:50 AM Posted in Planning 0 5
Saved Save
We booked our venue a couple of months ago and I hate second guessing myself... It’s not the venue itself, it’s beautiful, just what we wanted, it’s the wedding coordinator there. I thought she was perfectly lovely and pleasant the day we met. However some, not all , of the reviews on wedding wire and the knot say she is absolutely horrible and that she ruined their wedding. Some people say she’s perfect... When we booked I chalked up the bad comments to those being bridezilla’s... I hope I’m right.. I guess I need assurance...

5 Comments

Latest activity by Sierra, on August 14, 2019 at 4:13 PM
  • Taylor
    VIP October 2020
    Taylor ·
    • Flag
    I honestly feel like people will mirror the way that you act. If you’re pleasant on your big day, I don’t see why someone (especially someone you’re paying lots of money to) would act rude. Working in customer service, I’ve come to find you catch a lot more flies with honey than with vinegar. If you act respectful and your demands are not unreasonable I think that will be reciprocated. I wouldn’t worry too much about it😊 I’m sure your day will be lovely!
  • Formerbride
    VIP June 2019
    Formerbride ·
    • Flag
    I'm going to go against what Taylor said. In my experience it is always the squeaky wheel that gets the grease. You're going to be fine though. She's not going to ruin your wedding. I even had a pretty crappy coordinator. She was nice but completely disorganized. She never remembered details of my event. The worst thing was that she wasn't humble about it. She always played the blame game. For instance, she quoted me a price for cocktail tables when she gave me the final bill (which was super late and incorrect), the price for the tables was doubled. When I brought it up to her, she said they "have never been that price." I had it in writing because she emailed me the pricing early on. She also had indicated the price verbally many times. When I sent her the email, she back peddled and said they haven't been that price in a long time. Never means something different to me, but oh well.

This would be so long if I listed all of her issues, so I won't. Despite everything, I still had a great wedding. The venue was exactly what I wanted. Even if I knew she was such a pain in the a beforehand, I don't think I'd choose another venue. Just have faith, keep track of EVERYTHING and have a good attitude.
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag

Hey Liz! I’m sorry that you feel unsure about your decision but I don’t think you should let this affect your excitement for your wedding.

If you are worried about your wedding coordinator, you can take some precautions to help your case as you work with her. As the pp mentioned, you should get everything is writing so that both of you can refer back if needs be. You should also read your contact thoroughly so you know exactly what to expect.

I’m sure your wedding will be absolutely beautiful Liz!

What is your venue like?

• Cassie
    Dedicated November 2020
    Cassie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I agree with every part of this. I too worked in customer service, for over 15 years, and agree with everything she is saying.

• Sierra
    Dedicated December 2019
    Sierra ·
    • Flag

I never know whether or not to go by reviews...we had an issue with my engagement ring, so we had to get a new one, when we ordered it, I got a link for the ring in my email since I left it in my cart, but ordered it in store. I clicked on it to look at it some more, because it's beautiful and I love it. I scrolled through the web page out of boardom and read the reviews. It did NOT have good reviews...people complaining about size, quality, etc. But I got my ring and it was exactly what I wanted, so none of the reviews pertained to me. In your case, I wouldn't let the bad reviews stress you out. For all you know, your situation could be so contradictory to those reviews that you'll feel like you're working with a totally different person! Just take it as it comes and worth with what you KNOW you have, not what you're worried you'll end up with. Best of luck! Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics