Soon2BSmith
Expert October 2020

Second Guessing My Dress

Soon2BSmith, on August 3, 2019 at 9:12 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 5
Saved

I've purchased a dress that's is kinda the opposite of what I thought I wanted. While me and my FH was talking, he makes a statement that he can't wait to see me in my dress and he already has an idea of what it will look like. So, I ask him how does he know. He say, that while me and him watch Say Yes To The Dress together, every episode we watch, I state what I want in a dress. He says I always say, "Long sleeves, high neck, mermaid style ( because he likes mermaids), or something with a sexy back.'

I purchased a sweetheart, sleeveless, and kind of a fit and flare dress. (Sigh) I honestly DID NOT EVEN TRY ON anything that I said I initially wanted.

My dress was half the budget, so I'm wondering if I should go and look again or maybe buy a reception dress that maybe what I initially wanted.

I should also say, I went dress shopping alone because, I did not want my family opinions to sway my opinion.

So confused!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Soon2BSmith, on August 4, 2019 at 3:26 PM
  • Cher Horowitz
    Master December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag

Once you start getting other opinions, your own opinion can be easily swayed. I'm sure FH will love anything you wear, regardless if it fit his "vision" Smiley smile

• Anna
    Master June 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    You bought the dress for a reason! Trust yourself! ❤ sometimes, what we like doesn't look the same when we have it on.
    I love ballgowns, but they completely swallow me up.

I think your judgement was sound at purchase. I too, went alone to get my dress.
    You are placing to much stress on yourself, in my opinion. I just bet your dress is beautiful on you!

• Alma
    Expert October 2020
    Alma ·
    • Flag
    I agree! You said yes to that dress for a reason! I think your FH is going to be surprised in the best kind of way Smiley smile keep it and don’t over think it! I’m sure you look amazing.
  • Erin
    VIP December 2020
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    Most likely, he’s going to think you’re the most beautiful person in the room no matter what you’re wearing. You picked the dress for a reason. I too suffered from major dress doubts but I realized that whatever I was wearing, my FH would love it simply because I was the one wearing it.
  • Soon2BSmith
    Expert October 2020
    Soon2BSmith ·
    • Flag

Thanks ladies, your kind words have given me a ton of relieve. You're all right, he will love it when he sees me.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics