We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Stephanie
Super July 2020

Second Dress or No Second Dress?

Stephanie, on September 22, 2019 at 3:56 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 81
Saved Save
Hey Ladies! I am debating in whether or not I should purchase a second dress for the reception. My wedding dress is a fitted mermaid dress with a dramatic bottom and train. It's comfortable enough for me to move it but I don't want it to get in the way. Are any of you getting or have already purchased a second dress?

81 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on September 30, 2019 at 2:18 PM
  • Merline
    Super February 2020
    Merline ·
    • Flag
    I have a fitted trumpet style dress. I plan on changing to a high low dress or a jumpsuit.
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle Online ·
    • Flag
    I considered a second one. Ultimately I didn't but if it's in your budget then I'm all for it ! Because it really would be easier to move in
  • Samantha
    Rockstar October 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    I love my dress so much, I can’t imagine changing out of it after just the ceremony. I may never take it off! But I specifically chose a dress I knew I could dance in. I get that’s not the case for everyone.
  • Stephanie
    Super July 2020
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I love the high low. In was thinking of that as well. Thanks for the feedback. 🌸
  • Stephanie
    Super July 2020
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I want to be able to let loose for my reception. I love dancing Lol☺💃🏾
  • Stephanie
    Super July 2020
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Exactly. I love my dress as well but I don't want it ruined by it being stepped on by other people. Thanks for the feedback. 🤗
  • Jeanie
    Super February 2020
    Jeanie ·
    • Flag
    I will not be getting a second dress. Honestly I just don’t care for the second dress trend. To me, it makes your wedding dress less special if you’re ready to ditch it for something “more comfortable.” I also don’t understand why anyone would spend all that money on a dress, alterations and accessories just to have to spend money on a whole second ensemble. That however is just my opinion and does not make anyone else wrong for getting a second dress.
  • Andrea
    Super October 2019
    Andrea ·
    • Flag
    I’m wearing one dress all day. I adore my dress so much. The thought of having to take it off makes me sad. I told FH that I’m wearing it on dates after we get married.
  • Future Mrs. K
    Super April 2021
    Future Mrs. K ·
    • Flag
    I also have a mermaid wedding dress and I got a flowy Hayley Paige gown for my reception! I’m excited to have TWO dream dresses Smiley smile also my family is HUGE into the dance party so I want to be able to enjoy it and be comfy all night long!
  • Future Mrs. K
    Super April 2021
    Future Mrs. K ·
    • Flag
    Also it should be noted that I am absolutely IN LOVE with my ceremony dress but I seriously hate hate hate how bustles look so I opted to just get a floor length reception dress so I wouldn’t have to mess with it!
  • M
    VIP September 2019
    Mrs. Bubba ·
    • Flag
    I had a Reception 👗yesterday.

It was a really good thing.

I wanted to get out of the 👰👗 so that I could party and move freely.

We had an absolute ball.

I found my 2nd 👗 at Macy’s. They had one out of state, so I ordered it at the store near my 2nd MoH and she picked it up for me.

I would absolutely recommend getting one, even if you only put it on to depart at the end.

Congratulations and 🍀‼️
  • Stephanie
    Super July 2020
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You have a really great point and gave me something to think about. I absolutely love my wedding dress. I went back for it 5 times after trying on other ones and it was always my number one pick. Thanks for your feedback. 👑
  • Stephanie
    Super July 2020
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol you're going to wear it on dates...I love it. My hubby to be told me I could put mine on sometimes as well. Thanks for the feedback. 🤗
  • Jennifer
    Beginner December 2019
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    I thought about it but the dress I got was so expensive that I want to get all I can out of it.
  • Stephanie
    Super July 2020
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Awesome. Thank you so much for the feedback ☺
  • Stephanie
    Super July 2020
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    OMG you are so right. My dress was over the budget I wanted to spend but I loved it so much and nothing else was good enough.
  • Stephanie
    Super July 2020
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much
  • M
    VIP September 2019
    Mrs. Bubba ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You are most welcome.

Please make sure that you have a good support system.

We are here to provide advice and input.

All you have to do is ask.

Congratulations and 🍀‼️
  • Lisa Marie
    Devoted October 2020
    Lisa Marie ·
    • Flag
    I haven’t purchased my dress yet but, I know I will wear the one I buy for the ceremony and reception. Changing dresses make me feel like the ceremony dress wasn’t “the one” and not as special. To each their own, though.
  • Renee
    Super October 2020
    Renee ·
    • Flag
    I had a reception dress. I wore my 1st gown half the night though. I was/am absolutely in love with it! I wore it for the first few dances, cake cutting, picture worthy moments. My reception dress actually matched my wedding gown and my bridesmaids dresses. As much as I hated taking off my amazing gown, it was really nice to have a dress that was easier to dance in and I danced the night away.
    Both dresses and alterations cost a total of $500 so it was worth it Smiley smile
    The first 2 pictures are me in my gown, (the second one is me and my sister/MOH) The 3rd one is me in my reception dress with friends and the last one is me and my friends "pop lock and dropping it" lol So if you want a dress you can move around in for the reception, I say go for it.

Second Dress or No Second Dress? 1

Second Dress or No Second Dress? 2

Second Dress or No Second Dress? 3

Second Dress or No Second Dress? 4

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles