We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Katelyn
Just Said Yes January 2017

Seating Chart Poster

Katelyn, on October 19, 2016 at 3:55 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 9
Saved Save

I'm wanting to make a large poster to frame and display as a seating chart at my reception. Does anyone have insight into how they did this or what templates they used? I've seen I can pay for a template online but that seems lame when I also have to pay to print and frame it. Thoughts?

9 Comments

• FutureMrsB
    VIP December 2016
    FutureMrsB ·
    • Flag

I wanted to order a poster from vistaprint, then realized I can't really do my seating chart til 2 weeks before when I know who is actually coming, and by then the cost of ordering one would go up with rush shipping, or it possibly wouldn't get here in time.

• P
    Devoted October 2016
    Private User ·
    • Flag

Https://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/diy-mania/d3b3f53f8e806596.html

I made mine but if you look in the comments it kinda shows how I did everything

• Katie
    Devoted November 2016
    Katie ·
    • Flag

I'm following this... I want to see some pictures too Smiley smile I need ideas

• FreshToDeathAng
    Master September 2016
    FreshToDeathAng ·
    • Flag

I mean, I used an Etsy seller, who created the file for me, and then I went and printed it myself at FedEx. It was easy and inexpensive.

• O&L
    VIP September 2016
    O&L ·
    • Flag

I tried doing it on my own but failed. You need a large file template otherwise will not look right blowing up.

I used Etsy online purchase for the template and printed hard poster board using Walgreen same day photo print.

Etsy template was $20, printing $30, all done in one day.

• FreshToDeathAng
    Master September 2016
    FreshToDeathAng ·
    • Flag

Here's a pic of it at the reception. But essentially, I just provided the Etsy person with an excel spreadsheet, they formatted it and sent me a proof, I approved that - and then printed it off myself.

• H&RBrown
    Savvy June 2016
    H&RBrown ·
    • Flag

I have used this DIY Seating Chart for special events I host at work. http://somethingturquoise.com/2011/09/02/diy-easy-seating-chart/

You could use this as a starting point and make it more formal by using calligraphy for the names, creating a border, fancy markers etc. You could use a bowl/cup/book/envelope to trace for your tables or just print them out and glue them onto the poster before framing. I hope this helps. Good Luck!

• QueenDavis
    Super October 2018
    QueenDavis ·
    • Flag

I'm doing mines on Microsoft word sending it to Walgreens for them to print for me on shiny poster paper, buying a cute frame. Boom I'm done all for under 25 dollars.

• beautyofdreams
    VIP August 2016
    beautyofdreams ·
    • Flag

I would say either an etsy seller or can create the file or you can buy a template from etsy and then send it to a local walgreens shop. I ended up printing on fancy cut cardstock from micheals and taping it to a mirror. worked out nicely!

Comment on this discussion

Related articles