Skip to main content
Megan
Just Said Yes May 2021

Scared I’m second guessing my dress

Megan, on August 16, 2020 at 8:49 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 20
Saved
Hi ladies!! This is literally my first post on here. This past week I went and I found my wedding dress. I was absolutely in love with it when I put it on and said it was it! Now though I’m keep thinking what if it’s not the one!! Has anyone felt this way too? I just want to put it on to reassure myself haha. What do you ladies think?!?! Scared I’m second guessing my dress 1

20 Comments

Latest activity by Kiara, on August 24, 2020 at 1:38 PM
  • M
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    That is so pretty !
    What makes you feel uncertain about it
  • Elizabeth
    Master December 2016
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

This is actually common. Usually, you'll know when you put it on, but it's so common to have second doubts. This dress looks phenomenal on you.

• Megan
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!! It just wasn’t the style I was originally going for.
  • Yasmine
    Master October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    It looks cute on you!
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa Online ·
    • Flag
    I think it's a beautiful dress! If you're unsure, I recommend trying it on again. That might either help you remember why you bought it, or it might help you realize you want a different dress. Would alterations be able to fix your concerns with the dress?
  • Megan
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That makes me feel alot better. I do love the dress so much, but also don’t want to be disappointed later on I didn’t go with something else. Thank you!!!
  • Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    I haven’t experienced second thoughts on my dress. I looked at a TON of them online, and went to 6 different stores to try on dresses. When I found “The One”, I knew it immediately. I ordered it, and have not had one second of regret or second guessing my decision. Did you have the opportunity to try on a lot of dresses? Is there something specific about the dress you don’t like? And if so, could it be changed in alterations? I would definitely suggest trying on the dress again and see if you get that feeling that it’s “the one” again. If not, maybe the store you got it from will allow you to exchange it for a different dress. In the end, you deserve to feel beautiful in the dress that is perfect for you!
  • Kaylee
    Dedicated September 2020
    Kaylee ·
    • Flag
    I picked a dress as well and had second thoughts about it. I loved it but something about it was throwing me off. I decided to go somewhere else to try on more dresses and I ended up finding a different one. I knew it was the one instantly and I haven't had any second thoughts on it like I did with the first one and I picked it out over a year ago. My best advice would be to find a different store, figure out what designers they sell and then go to the designers website and pick out some of your favorite dresses you'd like to try on. Once you go and try them on, go back home and try the other dress on again. Then make your decision. That's exactly what I did and then I called the bridal store and ordered my second pick over the phone. You'll figure it out. Either way you will look beautiful! Good luck. 😊💕
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    I don’t believe in “the one” because, with the number of designers and dress options that exist, there are too many “the ones” out there. So, if you keep looking, you’ll certainly see plenty other wonderful dresses. You selected your dress for a reason and said you absolutely love it. So, that sounds like a perfect dress for you!
  • Michelle
    Master April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    I found my dress at the 1st shop we went to but it was the 7th dress I tried on. Even then, I went to my 2nd appointment at another shop & tried on 5 other dresses. Each dress I tried on, I kept comparing it to that last dress @ the 1st shop. After talking to my fiancé, I called the 1st shop & told them I was coming back to get my dress! The dress I ended up with was nothing to what I had in mind!

• Kathryn
    VIP August 2020
    Kathryn ·
    • Flag
    I bought a dress, lost 40 pounds, exchanged it for something more fitted, realized I hated the back, exchanged it again, decided to do our miniminy and bought a smaller dress. And after all of that, the only dress that truly made me cry was the last one lol. I think its easy to get caught up in second guessing the day, but you look amazing in your dress. My mom said it best "A lot of dresses will look good, but which one do you truly love?" Not uncommon to second guess, especially if you tend to overanalyse. Look at your pictures and maybe try it on again - you'll remember why you picked it.
  • Kaitlin
    Savvy October 2020
    Kaitlin ·
    • Flag
    Honestly, I love my dress so much and I kept thinking about it and comparing others to it after, but I waited a month and even tried it on again along with a second favorite to be sure. BUT once I pulled the trigger and ordered it I was like “oh man, what if it gets here and I don’t love it like I thought!?” And I kept seeing the second dress in my head when I thought of accessories and the day itself. I kept looking at pictures to remind myself I loved it.
    As soon as I went for my first fitting, I remembered that I truly love it and why I picked it in the first place.
    It will all be okay and you look GREAT in your dress! ❤️
  • Megan
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I think that’s my problem I just keep comparing it to others. I’m constantly online looking at others even though I already picked mine. I’m the time of person that always questions myself and I hate it so much. I’m definitely going to try it on again. I was going to wait til my first fitting but I don’t think I can wait that long. Thank you so much!!
  • Samantha
    Devoted September 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    I had the same problem. I bought my dress in January for my September wedding. I was recently looking back at pictures and questioned why I even bought it! But as I’m going to my alteration appts I’m loving it more and more ! You will get there. I had to keep telling myself I cried for a reason.
  • Sarah
    Super August 2021
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    Your dress is beautiful. I think thats a common feeling. I felt that way. Some days I'm like yessss I love my dress its perfect, and other days I'm like uhhhhh did I rush and make a mistake. Stick with your gut theres a reason you chose it.
  • Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag

It's a beautiful dress, but at the end of the day you have to love it. Don't worry about what others say, it's all about how you feel in the dress. Lots of people have 2nd and even 3rd thoughts.

• A
    Devoted October 2021
    Adrienne ·
    • Flag

That dress is beautiful and you look amazing in it!

I was unsure going into dress shopping if I would never know if I found the one. I kinda assumed I would not cry or anything, so wasn't sure if I would know when a dress was the dress. The one I picked was a few dresses into the first shop, and my smile was so big and my BMs and mom, while all have different tastes, knew it was the dress for me. I still went to another dress appointment to make sure, and I kept comparing it to the one, and even my BMs pointed out that I wasn't smiling like I smiled with the other one. So we went back and ordered that dress.

After several months of waiting for my dress to come in, I did peruse a few dresses online and was wondering if I chose the right one, and did get a little nervous. But when it did come in and I tried it on again, I knew I made the right choice. So be confident in your decision Smiley smile

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

Hi Megan! How many other dresses did you try on before this one? Were any of those dresses even close, or was this wedding dress the winner by far?

Tons of brides choose dresses that weren't the original style they thought they'd want (myself included!), and it's really tough to compare dresses you see online to ones you've tried on in person!

I love your dress and think it looks incredible on you, but I'm not the one who has to wear it! Smiley laugh Maybe it's worth another dress shopping trip to see if trying on a few more dresses leads you back to your dress or farther away from it? But once you decide on the dress for sure you need to stop yourself from looking at any more online! Smiley heart

• Brittany
    Super October 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag

This is so beautiful!!! Looks really beautiful on you!! What are the things you are uncertain about?? How many dresses of different styles did you try on?? I know for myself I tried on all the styles and fell in love with the one I originally thought I would. I know many people who go with what they didn't expect to wear too. So its how comfortable you are and how you feel in it.

I have had doubts about mine but when I put it on then I fall in love with it all over again. Sometimes I think its because we don't get to see it all the time and really want to wear it just to make sure. When that happens to me, I go back to my very first picture of myself in it and see how happy I look! You look happy in it and you look beautiful in it as well!!

• Kiara
    VIP August 2021
    Kiara ·
    • Flag

I did I tried on the one I thought I was in love with & once I put it on i had no feelings for it lol.. But you might have feelings for urs u will nvr know til you try it...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics