We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Katie
Savvy September 2021

Save the Dates for 9/18/21

Katie, on August 10, 2020 at 8:59 AM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 1 7
Saved Save

Originally (Pre-Covid) I had planned on sending our Save the Dates out in January for our 9/18/21 wedding. We have a lot of out of state travelers so we wanted to give ample notice. However, with everything that's happened, we already have 2 friend's weddings moved to next year, not to mention those who haven't re/scheduled yet. We're thinking we should send them out in September (1 year mark) but is that too early? Too late with everything that's getting pushed back? I already had someone almost reschedule for our date, so I'm trying to prevent that.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Jasmine, on August 10, 2020 at 11:53 AM
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

A year out is fine if you have lots of out of state guests.

• Margaret
    Rockstar October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag

Personally, I think a year out is too early, but there is nothing wrong with it. My experience has been if STDs are sent too early they often get lost or forgotten about because they get placed on the refrigerator and it becomes a regular site therefore forgotten. But I understand why you want to send them sooner.

• L
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    Typically, I think a year out would be too early, but with all the weddings being postponed from 2020 to 2021, and also since you have a lot of out-of-town guests, I think a year out in this case would be fine.
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    I don’t think it’s too early under these circumstances. As you said, soo many weddings are being postponed so you definitely want to get your date out there to “call dibs”
  • Jeanette
    Expert July 2021
    Jeanette ·
    • Flag
    Typically the census on here is that it's too early, but it's what we're doing! Actually, I'm completely skipping save the dates because I don't even really "get" them, you know? But yeah we also have a majority out-of-country guests, so it's a destination wedding for them and they'll need visas, etc. So we're collecting addresses now and when the invites arrive in the mail I'll start sending them. I think it's especially valid right now during this time.
  • Jay
    Savvy September 2021
    Jay ·
    • Flag
    I’m also in September & have been wanting to send save the dates about a year out! I know it’s early, so may do more like November & December, which has the added bonus of being able to hand them out in person & save on postage (assuming it’s safe to have any gatherings this year, of course!). For us, we’re concerned about other weddings or postponed events but also because we had to go with a Friday & want to give people a heads up to plan for time off. My family is in state, but my partner’s is from a range of places, only some within driving distance.
  • Jasmine
    Rockstar February 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    I think that's still a bit early. Like 90% of our guests are from different states and we jjst sent out our save the dates last week for our February wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles