Skip to main content
R
Savvy September 2021

Save the Dates - Coronavirus

Rre567, on March 28, 2020 at 2:09 PM Posted in Planning 0 9
Saved
Reply
I’m a September bride and with all of this confusion and panic happening in our world, I’m not sure where any of us will be tomorrow, much less abt 6 months from now. Originally, I was going to send out our Save the Dates now-March but March is basically over and I haven’t done so because I’m in a state of anxiousness of the wedding not happening. I know, it’s a “whiles away” but for me personally, no one could see this virus or the tsunami it brought with it just a few weeks ago...so my question is. Should I STILL send them out and should I put a note on it concerning a possible date change, etc. due to circumstances? If so what would you put? Thanks!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Rre567, on April 3, 2020 at 11:30 PM
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    I would send them out as usual and only worry about a change of date later on if you need to.
    • Reply
  • Tabitha
    Devoted October 2020
    Tabitha ·
    • Flag
    I’m October and decided to push off sending Save the dates out until June. Hopefully that’s not super late since our wedding is local and no one is flying in.
    • Reply
  • VIP November 2021
    ·
    • Flag
    I am in the same boat. Wedding November 8th.. I want to send them out but I might just wait until May 🤷🏼‍♀️ Idk !!!!!
    • Reply
  • Samantha
    Dedicated September 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    My wedding is September as well and I just dropped my Save-the-Dates off yesterday. I also don't feel the need for a note about date changing. It just adds extra confusion and uncertainty to your guests.
    • Reply
  • LaToya
    Savvy September 2020
    LaToya ·
    • Flag

    I am a September bride as well. My wedding is on a Thursday 9.24.20. So I had to send out my save the dates out in January since people would have to take off work, etc. I plan on sending my invites in May. I would say continue as usual and if your wedding is canceled or postponed. that's when you send a notice but otherwise continue to plan your wedding as usual.

    • Reply
  • Kari
    Master May 2020
    Kari ·
    • Flag

    I would send them out anyway. If most of your guests are local and won't be traveling or needing accommodations, you can probably wait and send them out as late as May just to feel more certain about how far along we are in containing the virus and might feel more confident in your September date actually coming to fruition.

    As long as you have a wedding website, you can post any subsequent info there, including a note about staying aware of the coronavirus situation. That way your date on your cards is secure, but your guests know it's on your mind and where to be informed should things change.

    • Reply
  • T
    Devoted May 2021
    Trinity ·
    • Flag

    My wedding is in October, I asked the same question because it might be an insensitive time to send it. However, I consulted with a few people including my FH. They recommended me to send it, so I sent them out last week.

    • Reply
  • Laura
    Champion June 2010
    Laura ·
    • Flag

    Hi Robyn! I would still send them out. Six months is a pretty good amount of time, and it's good to stay positive and keep looking forward. Getting your Save the Date may even brighten someone's day, thinking about the happy occasion to look forward to! Smiley heart

    • Reply
  • R
    Savvy September 2021
    Rre567 ·
    • Flag
    Thanks ladies! Looks like I’m going to send them out based off a lot of responses I’ve gotten. Stay safe out there!
    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×
ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics