Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natalie
Devoted January 2021

Save The Date Question - postcards?

Natalie, on November 13, 2019 at 11:08 AM Posted in Planning 1 12

I like the idea of postcard style save the dates, it seems like a lot less work than stuffing and addressing envelopes. My question is, did anyone have any issues with the postcards getting damaged in the mail? We'll be using one of our engagement pics and I worry about them getting scratched/banged up without being inside of an envelope.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Melle, on November 13, 2019 at 3:40 PM
  • H
    Master July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I didn't do postcard save the dates, but I did do postcard RSVPs. Most of them came back to me pretty banged up (they were in an envelope with the invite on the way to the guests).
  • Destiny
    VIP May 2020
    Destiny ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    We havent yet but we will be doing them from zazzle

Save The Date Question - postcards? 1
  • Christine
    Expert September 2020
    Christine ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

One of my best friends used postcard save the dates for her wedding last year and had a lot of problems. She had quite a few get lost in the mail and many others came with a tracking sticker that covered up the wedding date and location on the front. I know they're cheaper/easier but I honestly wouldn't recommend them.

• Natalie
    Devoted January 2021
    Natalie ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

Wow I didn't even think of that. What good is a save the date if guests can't even read the date?? lol

• Lauren
    VIP September 2019
    Lauren ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

My friend just did postcard invites with their picture on them. It is all smudged with black marks. If you are planning on mailing them during the rainy season I would expect a lot of them to be damaged.

• Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

We did not do postcard STD's for this very reason. One of our friends did them, and when we received theirs, it was scratched and even ripped on one of the edges.

• Neeva
    VIP September 2020
    Neeva ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

We did postcards and haven't had any issues with them but definitely can cause issues.

• A
    Super August 2020
    Alex ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

I wanted to do this, but my wedding planner talked me out of it because of the damage that happens in the mail.

• Jennifer
    VIP August 2021
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

We did regular stuff and address save the dates from Shutterfly and have no problems! They were gorgeous, and we got them on sale for 4th of July! We waited to send them out, but the sale was too good to pass up! With Black Friday and Cyber Monday coming up, I would check out Shutterfly to see what's on sale! Smiley smile

• Natalie
    Devoted January 2021
    Natalie ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you that's a great idea I'll definitely buy around black friday!

• Jennifer
    VIP August 2021
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

Of course!! Smiley smile

• M
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I did this for RSVP as postcards and when they got back to me some of them were a bit damaged.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics