C
Dedicated May 2018

Save money on save the dates.

Camille , on May 28, 2017 at 5:24 PM Posted in Planning 0 26
Saved

Anyone have any ideas on how to save money on save the dates and invitations ?

26 Comments

Latest activity by Whitney, on May 29, 2017 at 3:47 AM
  • A.Magill.Since.May
    Master May 2018
    A.Magill.Since.May ·
    • Flag

First idea on STD: just don't send them. They aren't necessary and lock your guestlist down really early.

Or at least only send them to OOT guests that you're 100% sure of and VIPs.

Second Idea: send post cards instead of STDs in envelopes. The postage is cheaper and you don't have to worry about envelopes.

Some people also do Postcard RSVPs for the same reasons.

• milinovemberbride
    VIP November 2017
    milinovemberbride ·
    • Flag

Vistaprint is a lot cheaper than most websites I came across. I got 45 with envelopes for $32 and they were great quality. The next day they had a 50% off sale so look out for those

• Cass
    VIP August 2017
    Cass ·
    • Flag

Option 1- just don't send STD.

Option 2- vistaprint on one of their 50% off sales.

We used them for both and got them for cheap, also skip on all the extras like the boxes or the trifolds or the belly bands. Ours is literally 1 envelope with 3 papers in it. Also, you can do RSVP online to save on postage.

• VC
    Master May 2017
    VC ·
    • Flag

You don't have to send STD. We sent them electronically by email by creating an email and attaching a picture we made ourselves using a picture from our engagement shoot.

We used Vistaprint 50% off sale for our invites. Nothing else inside but the invite card with RSVP details to our website or email RSVP. Worked like a charm.

• Che
    Super June 2017
    Che ·
    • Flag

I did vistaprint for STD, wait for a coupon code..using Ebates helps to get a lil money back on your orders while shopping for wedding in general & show coupon codes.

For invites I did invites from David's Bridal. when I went to try on my dress they had a coupon code, the website also has sells & $1 invites order samples!! U can do vistaprint for invites too

• Natalie
    VIP March 2017
    Natalie ·
    • Flag

We did email STDs via Paperless Post.

• Kimberly
    Dedicated August 2017
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag

Vistaprint was the cheapest and they usually have great discounts on wedding stationary. Got all mine(100 plus) for $35

• Willbewilkins
    Expert December 2017
    Willbewilkins ·
    • Flag

I was going to call my OOT guests and tell in town guests personally instead of sending STDs.

• Teri
    VIP May 2017
    Teri ·
    • Flag

Skip the STD's. I got my invites from Wal-Mart.com. i did the 1 hour photo for a little more, but if you have time do site to store for free shipping.

• IItsumo
    Devoted October 2017
    IItsumo ·
    • Flag

We skipped the STD's I don't see the need to spend the extra money on them when we could use it on the Reception to make it more comfortable for everyone even it if its only 20-40$ It could be used else where.

• M
    Beginner September 2017
    Michele ·
    • Flag

STDs are not required but if you're loving them then I would suggest the postcard option and I bought my stamps at Costco!

• Marie
    Devoted May 2018
    Marie ·
    • Flag

Vista print I got 50 postcards for 10 bucks that included shipping

• Cassie
    Devoted October 2017
    Cassie ·
    • Flag

We used Vistaprint and they look awesome! Ours were $30 (plus tax and shipping) for 40. They then gave us a $10 credit to use towards invitations which I just bought today, so those came out to $20.

• J
    Beginner October 2017
    JandJ'sGreatestAdventure ·
    • Flag

I made my own and printed them on card stock using the program smile box. They turned out really cute then we just put them in envelopes and sent them. I'm making my invitations and thank you cards with the program too. It was about 45 dollars for a year subscription. You can even send them through email if you would rather.

• Marie
    Devoted May 2018
    Marie ·
    • Flag

I got a STD the other day through Facebook events. Not personally my style on how I would do it, but I know when their wedding is.

• Taylor
    Super October 2017
    Taylor ·
    • Flag

Look for groupons or other website coupons

• Celia Milton
    Celia Milton ·
    • Flag

Skip them. They will tie you into a guest list far before you see how your budget and relationships shake out.

• Vanessa
    Super November 2017
    Vanessa ·
    • Flag

I got 80 at VistaPrint for $45 Smiley smile

• vanessa
    Expert November 2017
    vanessa ·
    • Flag

I looked online and found a free template. So I print them out.

• Vicki
    Super August 2017
    Vicki ·
    • Flag

Skipped STD and bought invites at Hobby Lobby at 50% off and printed ourselves

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics