Katelyn
Devoted October 2020

Said Yes to The Dress!

Katelyn, on September 6, 2019 at 12:33 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 37
Saved Save
So, I know I’m like a year and just under a month away from my wedding date, but I tried this dress on in July and fell in love. I knew it was the one and I went back today when I had the money and put the down payment on my dress. I know everyone says to not do such a thing too early, but I’ve trier on other dresses and this just was the right one! So, I went and put my down payment on it today and will have it some time in December! I really can’t wait. I also picked out the bridesmaids dresses today. So, that’s another exciting bit.

Said Yes to The Dress! 1

Said Yes to The Dress! 2

Said Yes to The Dress! 3

Said Yes to The Dress! 4

Said Yes to The Dress! 5

37 Comments

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·

Wow, so angelic! I love it!

• Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    Congratulations its beautiful! And don't stress about the time. If you love it, you love it. I bought my dress in june of last year and I'm getting married in 2 weeks. So with even more time than you. I still love my dress and the way I feel in it.
  • Anna
    Expert August 2020
    Anna ·

Gorgeous! And it's not too early at all. Great choice.

• A
    Beginner August 2020
    Allie ·
    It's so pretty and looks great on you! I don't think it's too early at all!
  • Shaina
    Devoted October 2020
    Shaina ·

Congrats!!! you look beautiful! I can't wait to shop for dresses

• Kayla
    Dedicated April 2021
    Kayla ·
    Beautiful!! I loooove long sleeves! You look amazing!!
  • Megan
    Expert October 2019
    Megan ·
    I love the sleeves!
  • Megan
    Super November 2020
    Megan ·
    So beautiful! Love the sleeves!! And the deep v in the back is such a lovely surprise!

I also have a looong time until my wedding (nov 2020) and already found the dress!!
  • Katelyn
    Devoted October 2020
    Katelyn ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thanks, I just have heard a lot of people advise against getting your dress so early because your taste might change. I don't necessarily agree with that though because when you know, you know! I had changed my mind once before, but that was because I had never tried the dress on and decided I didn't want to get something only to not like the feel of it later. So, I did change my mind, but not because my taste changed, but because I wanted to assess the feel of the fabric and everything!

• Katelyn
    Devoted October 2020
    Katelyn ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thanks, I got really lucky that it was the first dress I tried on and I fell in love instantly. I tried on many other dresses, but they just didn't feel right!

• Katelyn
    Devoted October 2020
    Katelyn ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thanks, as I said to someone else. I've seen so many people suggesting you wait a bit because your tastes might change, but I don't necessarily agree with that. When you know, you know!

• Katelyn
    Devoted October 2020
    Katelyn ·
    View Quoted Comment

I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about the deep V in the back, but I actually found I loved it! Now I'm trying to find a corset to go with it. Someone suggested a nude colored bra that blends well with my skin, but I kind of like the feel of a corset better!

• Katelyn
    Devoted October 2020
    Katelyn ·
    View Quoted Comment

I'm having a fall wedding in Vermont. I know October isn't particularly cold there, which is why I loved the lace for the sleeves because it allows for some breath ability, but it also will keep me warm. I'm going to probably get a little throw over just in case though! I'm also going to be getting a corset to go with the dress because I feel it will work better with the dress. Also, when I tried on the dress I wore a corset and found it to be rather comfortable.

• Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes! I agree, trying on was a must for me.
  • Katelyn
    Devoted October 2020
    Katelyn ·
    View Quoted Comment

Agreed! I was originally going through a company called Anomalie, and they have a great service, but they are pricey. They quoted me at 1100 and I ended up finding something I adored for only 549! Don't get me wrong, they provide a great service, they send fabric samples and stuff, but it doesn't give you the same feeling as actually trying on the dress!

• Future Mrs. A. 💍
    Super November 2020
    Future Mrs. A. 💍 ·
    So pretty!!! Looks perfect on you!!
  • Future Mrs. A. 💍
    Super November 2020
    Future Mrs. A. 💍 ·
    And no, it’s not too early!!! You love it and that’s all that matters!
  • Laura
    Rockstar October 2019
    Laura ·

It's really beautiful!

• MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·

I love this dress on you! It looks like it was made for you! Congrats!

• Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I have heard of them and it's a great option! Especially for people more creative than me lol. But I ended up liking a silhouette I thought I didn't want so in person try ons was also the right route for me.

Comment on this discussion