We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Andrea
Master January 2021

Sad, Sad...

Andrea, on April 5, 2020 at 8:23 AM Posted in Planning 0 13
Saved Save

Yesterday, Saturday April 4th was supposed to be our wedding date. Yesterday morning, it wasn't bothering me as much. I was fine, at least I thought I was. Then, in the evening when my fiance was cooking dinner (around the time our wedding would have started) I began to feel very anxious, nauseous and uncomfortable. My chest started to hurt and I had this horrible feeling in my stomach. I tried my best to shake it off but I couldn't. I finally ended up breaking down, virtually collapsing into my fiance from pent up fatigue and sadness about it all. I told myself to stop, but I just couldn't. I was really distraught right in that moment. All the planning that we did, preparations we made, cancelled due to this virus. I kept trying to convince myself that we're not the only ones who are suffering, and while this is of course true, I couldn't help but feel like OUR special day was ruined. My fiance really helped me through my emotions and assured me that everything would be fine. We plan on having an intimate ceremony/reception later on (thinking between July-October or beyond) Really depends on when establishments start opening up again. Right now, the "big celebration" is so far removed from my mind now. I just want to BE MARRIED with my soul mate.

I just needed to vent. It helps to talk about frustrations and not keep it inside. I hope all brides affected by this virus have a great support system during this very difficult time.

13 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on April 5, 2020 at 7:30 PM
  • J
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    I hear you. We were supposed to be married yesterday too. It’s very difficult to have planned for so long and not have it. We postponed to October. I’m sorry you’re going through this—it’s a very challenging time
  • Andrea
    Master January 2021
    Andrea ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I know, Jennifer. Really difficult. I hope you and your fiance are doing okay. Thank you so much for your comment.Smiley heart

• Kathryn
    Rockstar August 2020
    Kathryn ·
    • Flag
    We were supposed to be married yesterday too. 😪 It hit us pretty hard Friday, but for us it's also about how our fur child will no longer be with us. This virus seems to have kicked everyone when they were down. But we will have our day! As sad as it is now - and it sucks - our day will come once the world settles again! Good vibes your way. Allow yourself to be sad and know it's not selfish to grieve the missing of your life event, but also take comfort in your loved ones and your family that you have.
  • Jennifer
    Super March 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    We got married on March 22nd after having to cancel our April 23rd wedding. I am happy to be married but I am still feeling the ups and downs of having a major life change ripped from my hands. As much as I'd love to save the money and never have the wedding we wanted, I just can't let that moment go. We still plan on having it down the road but I am dreading April 23rd. My husband thinks i am being silly but the hours, the tears and the stresses that came along with the original date are just too much to simply throw away. Vent away. You need it!
  • Andrea
    Master January 2021
    Andrea ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I hear where you're coming from, Kathryn. Good vibes your way as wellSmiley heart Smiley heart All the best to you and your fiance

• Andrea
    Master January 2021
    Andrea ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hey Jennifer,

It's good that you were still able to get married! I know how you feel, the feeling of having this major life event just snatched, essentially from you. It really is terrible. It may hurt a bit when April 23rd rolls around but know that once that date passes, you will most likely feel more at ease and less on edge. I hope you and your husband have happiness and love forever moreSmiley heart

• Monica
    Super October 2021
    Monica ·
    • Flag
    Aw sorry hun. Yesterday was supposed to be our wedding day too. Im glad ur FH was able to help you with your emotions. Yesterday my FH bought me roses and I got dressed up and did my makeup, made us a drink and cooked dinner. I was feeling bummed in the morning because I looked at the time like Ugh right now I should be getting ready and getting my hair & makeup done.
  • Andrea
    Master January 2021
    Andrea ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I hear you, Monica!! I hope you are doing okay tooSmiley heart Smiley heart and thank you so much for your commentSmiley heart

• Renee
    Super June 2020
    Renee ·
    • Flag
    I have tears in my eyes as I read this. I’m so sorry Andrea. I’m right there with you and have been holding my cool like you said. But I’m dreading these exact feelings. A support system is huge right now! Not a lecture about the virus and consequences. Have you thought about a small intimate ceremony and a reception later? Or even the redo the whole thing later? That’s what we are leaning towards but haven’t made that call yet. Virtual hugs and kisses sis! Keep your head high and know you are loved and supported!
  • Suzann
    Savvy March 2021
    Suzann ·
    • Flag

I'm so sorry you had to go through this. I know so many brides were affected, but that doesn't mean your're not entitled to feel the way you do! You have every right to be upset. Luckily, it seems like you have a really supportive partner. Good luck to you with everything!

• Andrea
    Master January 2021
    Andrea ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Renee, thank you so much for your kind words. Definitely lean on your fiance if things come to that point for you. Exactly, we all need a support system. We're definitely going to have an intimate ceremony some time in the next few months, but no hard date set yet unfortunately. I don't even want to begin to think about the "bigger reception" as it seems too daunting right now given the circumstances. Smiley heart

• Andrea
    Master January 2021
    Andrea ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hey Suzann, thank you so much for your comforting words. I really appreciate itSmiley heart Smiley heart Trying to stay strong.

• Kelly
    Dedicated June 2021
    Kelly ·
    • Flag

Hi Andrea! Definitely sending good vibes and prayers your way. My bachelorette/30th had to be canceled/postponed (who knows when this virus will let up) and my wedding is in September. Your feelings are valid, real, and should be grieved. Super happy that your fiance was able to support your emotions and I know that your eventual wedding day will be amazing!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇