Nicole
Savvy October 2019

Rsvps

Nicole, on August 15, 2019 at 9:04 AM Posted in Planning 0 18
Saved
Does anybody else get stressed about waiting for rsvps to come back? Then when there isnt any in mail u feel sad. They have 15 more days and I only have half of them back. Upsetting!!!

18 Comments

Latest activity by Krysta, on August 15, 2019 at 3:37 PM
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

Unfortunately, this is pretty typical. All you can do is wait and then reach out once the deadline comes and goes. You're definitely not the only one!

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

That's pretty typical! We had to contact 60 people after our RSVP deadline passed. I checked the mail every single day for the 6 weeks people had their invites, we received 2-5 per week pretty steadily. We included pre-stamped and addressed RSVP envelopes and a way for people to RSVP online, and it still didn't work for 60+ people!

• Amy
    Devoted October 2019
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    I feel the same way! Like some people I KNOW are coming haven’t sent theirs in. My FH keeps reassuring me that people like to wait until the last minute. I hope (and i dont hope) that thats true! And then my dad’s cousin moved and didn’t even feel the need to tell me😒 people are crazy!

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Yea it's annoying how normal it is that people either don't RSVP or RSVP way later
  • Devin
    Super October 2019
    Devin ·
    • Flag
    Ugh I feel ya! We still have 3 1/2 wks until our due date but we are still waiting on over 37 invites.
  • Catherine
    May 2021
    Catherine ·
    • Flag

Actually we are months away from even sending them and just reading posts on RSVP problems or no shows after RSVPing yes, stress me out

• Nicole
    Savvy October 2019
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    Its frustrating especially when its free for them to send it back. LoL.
  • Gloria
    Just Said Yes September 2019
    Gloria ·
    • Flag
    Hi and yes absolutely. My wedding is next month and half ended up calling or texting that they were coming. Like you said everyday checking the mail. Wasted post office trip and stamps on many.
  • Valentina
    Devoted September 2019
    Valentina ·
    • Flag
    Yeah I’m with you. I didn’t think I would get so disappointed about not getting mail or finding declines😒. I told myself not to stress out about it cuz I have time and still will get a response by calling anyone who hasn’t replied 🤷‍♀️.

I only got 16 back out of 52, one texted saying that they forgot to send the rsvp but they will be coming and one that I only got an unsealed envelope no rsvp card inside and no forwarding address on the outside 😂 I’ve narrowed it down to my FH side since it was stamped by the post office on that side of the state, it’s 6days past my rsvp deadline (August 8th). I’m gonna start calling people tomorrow I was trying to give the mail some time to work 😂but it’s been 4 days since the last one came in. And I’ve had one guest say that they haven’t received their’s yet. I still have 11 days until the venue needs their finally head count.
  • NextChapterReady
    Super October 2019
    NextChapterReady ·
    • Flag

We are in the same boat and waiting on 60 RSVPs still! It's nerve-wracking for sure!

• Nicole
    Savvy October 2019
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    Thank goodness I'm not the only one. Lol. 51 more days and no more wedding stress.
  • Hannah
    Devoted September 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag

Lucky! We sent out 66, and have received maybe 15 RSVPs and they are due today. Smiley smile

• Melissa
    VIP September 2019
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    I feel you. We have 5 days left and as of yesterday we had 84 people still unaccounted for. I’m sure we will having to reach out to about 30-40 people to get all their counts.
  • L
    Just Said Yes September 2019
    Liss ·
    • Flag

Our RSVP date was Saturday and I am still working on tracking down 33 people to see if they are coming or not. I know that some are coming because its bridal party or immediate family, but I need to know if they plan to bring a guest or not since we gave everyone over 21 a plus one if they are single. My stress level is at a 100 between having to work full time plus deal with all the last minute pieces for our wedding. My bachelorette party is this weekend and at the present moment I don't think I can even enjoy it.

• Colleen
    Master September 2019
    Colleen ·
    • Flag
    Yes. We still have 70 something and they are due August 28. It is online so I am not waiting for it be be mailed back.
  • A
    Dedicated August 2019
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    I haven't gotten any
  • ASMini914
    Super September 2019
    ASMini914 ·
    • Flag
    My RSVPs are due back tomorrow and we only have 70% of them back. One of my bridesmaids and my dad (both of them I am close with and know they are coming) have yet to send them 🤔

my dad literally said he didn’t realize he was supposed to send it haha
  • Krysta
    Devoted September 2019
    Krysta ·
    • Flag

I am stressing. Think I sent mine out too early. But I read online to number the RSVP cards & write down who got what number. That's what I did so now I can just call the person & ask why they didn't send it back.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics