Ma Anna
Savvy October 2020

Rooftop reception

Ma Anna, on November 20, 2019 at 8:32 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 8
Saved Save
Hi Ladies anyone here having a reception on the rooftop or had. My wedding coming next year we plan to have the reception on the rooftop since tampa bay view is amazing. I’m just kinda concern maybe it will be too hot? This will be on October. Anyone here from Florida? This will be a destination wedding and I don’t live in FL. Just need your thoughts about rooftop reception. Thanks!!

8 Comments

• Nikki
    Dedicated August 2020
    Nikki ·
    • Flag
    We're doing one for our August wedding next year! It will be hot out since it's summer time in Chicago. I think we'll end up passing out hand fans and sunglasses as favors to help people keep a little cooler and open the bar prior to the ceremony so people can sip on drinks during it Smiley smile
  • Shelly
    Dedicated May 2020
    Shelly ·
    • Flag
    I live in FL and it can get pretty hot. It really just depends. We had a cold front come through and it was 50 degrees this morning. In October it could be 90 or it could be a nice 70. It’s really hard to tell. I think if people are dressed appropriately and it’s in the evening you will be fine. It is pretty humid though so men in suit jackets may feel uncomfortable. Btw the place sounds so cool! I think a rooftop reception sounds fun.

• Neeva
    Expert April 2020
    Neeva ·
    • Flag

October in Tampa may be warm but not hot! It should be in the 70s/80s. You will also want to look into possible rain, things can change rapidly with the weather. My advice would be to look up the weather on your wedding date for the past few years to get an idea.

We are having an indoor Tampa wedding in April so we don't have to deal with the elements.

• Ma Anna
    Savvy October 2020
    Ma Anna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Good idea. I will definitely look weddings around that month in previous years. Thanks! Congratulations advance Smiley smile
  • Ma Anna
    Savvy October 2020
    Ma Anna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!! The view is amazing to this new resort so we decided to have our reception there in treasure island. Now I’ll hope and pray it won’t rain or too humid. 🙏🏻
  • Ma Anna
    Savvy October 2020
    Ma Anna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah I’m from the midwest and it’s super hot in August. Chicago is beautiful though I’m sure it will be fun and amazing.
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    Florida in October is beautiful and it shouldn’t be too hot. We got married in May in Florida and had our reception on an outside terrace of a hotel and it was gorgeous. There is normally a night breeze but we were on Gulf on the beach. Good luck I’m sure it will be beautiful.
  • Ma Anna
    Savvy October 2020
    Ma Anna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you Cyndy. Saw your pictures it’s beautiful Smiley smile

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics