We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

C
Just Said Yes July 2021

Rings?

Chelsea, on February 25, 2020 at 3:10 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 8
Saved Save
Not sure what to do. Picked out my wedding bands and I am thinking I want to get them soldered together because I don’t want to loose them. Should I do it before or after the wedding? Also I want to get my engagement ring deep cleaned because it looks disgustingly dirty with the new ones next to it. Should I just do it all in one shot?

8 Comments

• Rebelle Fleur
    VIP January 2021
    Rebelle Fleur ·
    • Flag
    I’d do it all in one shot but what if you loose both once it’s smoldered together (god forbid). I think it’s an unnecessary expense. I’m pretty sure you’ll take care of it. You can also get a travel ring.
  • Carrie
    Devoted October 2020
    Carrie ·
    • Flag
    Some rings look better soldered together and if you choose to I would do it after the wedding so you don't have to go with out your engagement ring. Unless u don't mind ❤ can we see a pic
  • MOB So Cal
    January 2019
    MOB So Cal ·
    • Flag

It looks like your wedding is 15+ months away? Most jewelers will clean your ring at any time (and frequently) or you can buy an jewelry cleaner appropriate to your ring/stone and do it yourself on a weekly basis at home -- your ring probably shouldn't get to the point of being "disgustingly dirty." Daughter wanted her rings soldered before the ceremony because both bands had a lot of detail that she wanted lined up appropriately in all the wedding photos that would include her rings. She talked with her jeweler about the timing, and dropped her rings off two weeks before and picked them up a week before the wedding.

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

Most jewelers will clean jewelry that you purchased from them for free any time. If you have a warranty through the jeweler, it's probably required that you bring it in for cleaning and inspections ever 6 months anyway. As far as soldering, my preference would be after the wedding, unless you're fine with wearing your wedding bands before marriage or going without your engagement ring until the wedding.

• Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

My ring is currently at my jeweler because I need to have it repaired. I asked about soldering my band and ring together. They recommended doing it about 2 or so weeks before. I also have to have my band dipped in rhodium again because of an allergic reaction to my engagement ring after the rhodium began to wear. So both my band and engagement ring will be getting that done before the wedding. This will be a great time to have them soldered together. But I would call your jeweler once your date gets closer to find out the wait time for soldering.

• K
    Devoted October 2020
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    This is definitely a personal preference. Some people want the tradition of only putting on the wedding band at the ceremony so they have them soldered together after.

I, like a PP stated, am having mine done before the ceremony so that my details on my rings match up perfectly. I also have my promise ring to wear before the wedding so I do not mind going without my E-ring for a bit.
    Also, anytime you get work done on your ring, the jeweler will do a deep clean on it. Anytime I am in town and close to my jeweler, I will get all my jewelry cleaned and checked. They have no problem doing it for you.
  • Kathryn
    Rockstar August 2020
    Kathryn ·
    • Flag
    I had mine soldered together when everything was being resized to fit together, and that was mostly because I just wanted to be able to have my rings once we're married. Currently I'm wearing my temporary ring, but I miss my ring! I would leave ample time to get the ring back. Did mine about a month out, got them back already and can't wait to wear it as one piece!
  • Rachael
    Expert September 2020
    Rachael ·
    • Flag
    My ring is from Kay and after the wedding they'll solder it together for free, theyll also clean them and re rhodium plate them, it's all part of their service plan

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles