We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Dshelle
Devoted June 2023

Ring

Dshelle, on July 3, 2020 at 9:22 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 44
Saved Save
Hey guys!

I鈥檓 in sooooo in love with my engagement ring!!!馃檪馃槤馃グ I cannot stop looking at it.
So my my budget is 40k and I told my wedding planner that I want to go low like 25,000 instead of 40,000 and And I explain to her why I want to go low she listens to me out but she said she plan on me to stay at 40,000 idk why? But should I go low on my budget or listen to my wedding planner and stay at the 40k because I don鈥檛 know what the venue, vendors etc price will be in 2023? I need help I鈥檓 only having 100-150 people but if things don鈥檛 turn out right my plan B is 75-80 people officially

Please don鈥檛 be rude about it or come harsh on me because things are not working out good for me so you have to put others peoples down. If you have negative comments keep there to your self if don鈥檛 comment at all!!!!!!!馃棧馃棧馃棧 my last post was will negatively comments and I didn鈥檛 ask for that kind of in put!!!!!!

44 Comments

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle
    • Flag
    Is there a reason you didn鈥檛 want to initially just set a 25k budget if that鈥檚 what you would prefer to spend ?
  • Dshelle
    Devoted June 2023
    Dshelle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    So my set budget was 40,000 but I want to lower to 25,000 because I only having 100-150 people if not then 75-80 people
  • Dshelle
    Devoted June 2023
    Dshelle
    • Flag
    But i don鈥檛 know if I should listen to my wedding planner or go for the 25 the planner said stay at40k because we don鈥檛 know how much pricing will be in the year of 2022-2023
  • Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen
    • Flag
    You told her you had 40k to spend so she obviously wants you to spend all of it so she鈥檒l have a higher commission. Tell her your budget is firmly 25 if that鈥檚 all you want to spend. If she won鈥檛 respect that then find a new planner.
  • Emma
    Devoted October 2020
    Emma
    • Flag
    Personally, my wedding will only be 17k for 130 people. I think 40k is way to much to spend on a wedding (obviously depending on location and financial status things might be different). I would feel very uncomfortable spending more then 20-25k on my wedding. 20k is the high end average where I鈥檓 from though so again, it depends on location.
  • Emma
    Devoted October 2020
    Emma
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Very true. I didn鈥檛 even think about the commission aspect of it.
  • Dshelle
    Devoted June 2023
    Dshelle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ok thank you. So I鈥檓 thinking sitting here why she said keep 40k because we don鈥檛 know how much will the venue and etc will be 2023?馃憘馃馃馃
  • Sinaya
    Devoted August 2022
    Sinaya
    • Flag

Depending on where you live 25K for 100-150 people may not be realistic. This also depends on how extravagant or simple you want your wedding to be. I think another way to approach this with your planner is to discuss all the elements that are important to you, you're must haves, and then she can help you determine if your budget is enough for that, or if you need to increase it or cut back on some of things you want.

Side Note: a good way to cut cost is to consider having a Sunday or weekday wedding. My FH and I chose Sunday to save on cost. That might help with staying closer to the new budget you're thinking about.

• Dshelle
    Devoted June 2023
    Dshelle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Location of the venue or on what I want ?
  • Dshelle
    Devoted June 2023
    Dshelle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ok my wedding is on a Monday. I鈥檓 over here thinking why she said keep 40k because we don鈥檛 know how my will it be in 2023
  • Elmarose04
    Devoted July 2021
    Elmarose04
    • Flag
    Aw I鈥檓 very sorry you had such a bad experience in your last post ! No bride to be should go through that when speaking advice. On that note for a wedding of the amount of guest it is definitely doable to do with 25,000k. My wedding is looking between 35k total max 40k for a 300 guest count with attire and extra details. Maybe she wants more liberty to fully bring your ideas to light not worrying so much about the cost. My venue was a great way to save because it included decor, linens, silverware, glasses(variety), chairs, tables, ceremony and reception, and much more. The set price was $25,250 for everything. I also got coordinators included to guide me through the process and will be with me the day of the wedding making sure everything goes in order. Look around your area and for venues that fit your style. theknot was a great option for that. Best wishes 馃挄鉁 if my guest would鈥檝e been between 100-150 it would鈥檝e been in a range of 14k-20k max.
  • Emma
    Devoted October 2020
    Emma
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    The state that your wedding is in determines the average cost of a wedding.

Honestly if I were you, again taking average cost into account, I would tell her you want to try and stay around 25k-30k but still save money as if you were planning a 40k wedding. Then if prices change or you decide you want to splurge on certain things (our splurge item is our photographer).
  • Elmarose04
    Devoted July 2021
    Elmarose04
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I understand but once you start booking your prices can鈥檛 change and you can book in advance as well. That鈥檚 how it was for me. I ended up booking for next year but was initially looking into 2023/2024. For the venue it was still the same. Don鈥檛 get discouraged and do what you and your fianc茅 feel is best. DIY a ton of stuff thanks to quarantine there are so many YouTube videos to help you get more involved and one with your wedding 馃
  • Dshelle
    Devoted June 2023
    Dshelle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ok thank you like I told other in the chart why she said keep it in the 40k range because we don鈥檛 know the price in 2023 but also I don鈥檛 won鈥檛 to be in debt with no more left
  • Sinaya
    Devoted August 2022
    Sinaya
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I think she's probably just anticipating that venues and vendors may increase their prices because they often do that every one to two years, especially venues. But if you're able to book them now at a lower price that helps you stay in your budget, why wait? Book it now before prices go up. Ultimately you set the budget, and your planner is supposed to help you understand your options and work with you within that budget.

• Elmarose04
    Devoted July 2021
    Elmarose04
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I responded above to this *
  • Elmarose04
    Devoted July 2021
    Elmarose04
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes totally agree!!
  • Dshelle
    Devoted June 2023
    Dshelle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ok I鈥檓 doing 100-150 people with 25,230 if my dream doesn鈥檛 come true I鈥檓 doing 75-80 people officially
  • Elmarose04
    Devoted July 2021
    Elmarose04
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I鈥檓 sure it鈥檒l work out great 馃槉! Just look for venues that can accommodate you well!
  • Dshelle
    Devoted June 2023
    Dshelle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    But I鈥檓 scared that venue will go outta business and I try to do insecure but they not doing the insurance that I nees

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles