We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Cortney
Devoted August 2020

Ring size adjuster

Cortney, on March 6, 2020 at 11:22 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 10
Saved Save
Does anyone have any suggestions for ring size adjusters? Not needing to get ring resized, the issue is larger knuckles & shrinking fingers in winter so that my ring spins sometimes (not always).
I’ve heard good things about this one, but it looks so big and obvious to me... are there smaller ones that you recommend?

Ring Size Adjuster for Loose Rings - 12 Pack, 2 Sizes - Jewelry Sizer, Mandrel for Making Jewelry Guard, Spacer, Sizer, Fitter - Spiral Silicone Tightener Set with Polishing Cloth
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0757JLTY7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_EdYyEbSYX1WAA

10 Comments

Latest activity by Julia, on March 7, 2020 at 10:03 AM
  • Kathryn
    VIP August 2020
    Kathryn ·
    • Flag
    I used that one for awhile because with my weight loss my engagement ring was almost a whole size too big. The spirals were pretty sturdy and held up well! There was also a plastic set I had, that was a bit harder to see and more or less sat flush in the ring, but that got annoying because the plastic part would slip off when I took off my ring to shower. I say go for it! I think they do make a more permanent size solution for arthritis, but that would probably mean a couple hundred and a jeweler.
  • Ashley
    Dedicated May 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

I had no idea this even existed. Nice share!

• Megan
    Super October 2020
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    I had the same issue and just took my ring back to the jewelry store and they soldered two little beads of metal in the inside of my ring. They help it stay in place so it doesn’t spin. I can’t feel them and I can still get it off perfectly fine.
  • Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    I have been using the little clear plastic spiral sizer on my ring for a year now. I swear when we went to the jewelry store & sized my ring finger it fit perfectly, but when I actually got the ring it was super loose. Since I’m hoping to lose a considerable amount weight before the wedding, I don’t want to get it sized just yet (plus fingers tend to swell in the summer, so I would like to at least get it sized when my fingers are at their largest). I wear the plastic spiral every day and haven’t had any issues with it. It seems to be really sturdy and you hardly know it’s there once you get used to it.
  • Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’ve been wondering about these! So they really are comfortable and your ring doesn’t spin at all anymore? Also, are they able to remove the beads if need be?
  • Megan
    Super October 2020
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I honestly don’t even feel the beads. And it’s stopped my ring spinning by itself COMPLETELY. It resized my ring by about 1/2 a size. And I have annoying knuckles and can still get the ring off.
    And they are removable if you decide you don’t like them.
    Here’s a pic of my ring with them:Ring size adjuster 1
    You can get different sized sizing beads. I only needed small ones. My mom got them on her wedding band and needed larger ones which she said she also doesn’t notice.
  • Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks so much!! I may look into getting these! I wonder if all jewelers do this
  • Megan
    Super October 2020
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    No problem! And it’s very common. If they are able to do resizing, they can do this. I just went into my jeweler and told him my issue and he immediately recommended them.
  • Kari
    VIP May 2020
    Kari ·
    • Flag

I ordered this off Amazon for my e-ring before having it resized (super similar to the one you listed):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073FDFLSF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I really liked them because you got a lot of product and could cut them to size to get the perfect fit. They don't damage your ring at all and you probably have enough in there for rings for 10+ rings if needed. This would be ideal if your hands fluctuate because you could cut them to different sizes and switch them out as needed.

I needed my ring adjusted from a size 7 down to a 6 and wore this before I sent it in to be resized. This was a super inexpensive, reversible, non-damaging option, and my ring felt secure with it on. Once cut to size you cannot see it at all with the ring on unless you are looking at the back of your hand. If you had small fingers to begin with (size 4, 5, 6) and you needed to adjust by more than one size it might be visible, but for a one size adjustment from a 7 to a 6 this worked perfectly.

• Julia
    Dedicated October 2020
    Julia ·
    • Flag
    My aunt has very large knuckles and small fingers they recently went and had a specific adjustment made to her 3 bands. Idk the exact name but it’s an arthritic type of adjuster. You can’t tell at all when she has the rings in there’s a little tool that she uses and the band spreads open. This is the best way I can describe I would defiantly ask your jeweler

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics