Karen
Dedicated April 2020

Ring bearer(s) ?

Karen, on September 19, 2019 at 11:58 PM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 0 10
Saved Save
I knew since the beginning that I was going to have 2 flower girls so it became "obvious" to me that I would also need two boys as my ring bearers. However, after (asking my aunts to have my cousins participate) I realized that I'm not sure what i will have them hold on to during the ceremony. Turns out that FH wants to have his brother (BM) hold the rings, and even if he didn't I still have one extra "ring bearer"

10 Comments

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·

You don't need to have the same number of ring bearers as flower girls. I had 3 flower girls (sisters) and their brother was my ring bearer. However, ring bearers usually don't carry the real rings. This is all for show. I had my ring bearer carry a sign that said "Here comes the bride."

Ring bearer(s) ? 1

Ring bearer(s) ? 2

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    You could have them hold onto signs like "here comes the bride" or something like that instead of holding the rings too
  • M
    Super September 2019
    Mrs. Bubba ·
    My 💍🐻er is only 2 (he’ll be 3 on 9/30), so I’m not giving him any jewelry. He’s going to walk down with a little box that has a Lip Balm in it for him.

You could diy or purchase “💍 Security” 👕s for them and the 💼es to go along with it. After that, you’ll just need to get some Sunglasses for them.
  • Formerbride
    VIP June 2019
    Formerbride ·
    You don't have to have the same number of ring bearers and flower girls. Also, most ring bearers don't actually carry the rings. Mine just carried ring pillows with nothing on them.
  • B
    Super July 2018
    Brittany ·

I had 2 flower girls but only one ring bearer! Our ring bearer carried a pillow with the rings on them, the guys tied the rings to the pillow before the ceremony, and I knew my 7 year old cousin would be fine holding on to the pillow for a while

• Sara
    Super October 2019
    Sara ·

I definitely agree that you don't need the same number of ring bearers as flower girls, and you also don't need them to actually carry anything. Even if you had them carry the rings, there would be two rings, so they could each carry one. Or as others have said, ring security and/or signs saying "here comes the bride" or "last chance to run" are pretty popular.

• Heather
    Devoted October 2019
    Heather ·
    You don’t typically give the ring bearers the actual rings anyway. They usually have fakes. We’re having our ring bearer hold a box that says ring security. It’ll be empty. You can also give them signs saying something like “anybody seen the rings??”
  • Cher Horowitz
    Rockstar December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·

I don't think people will be bothered by an uneven number!

• Megan
    Expert October 2019
    Megan ·
    1. You could have it be uneven, and that's okay! we are having a Ring Bearer (our son) but no Flower Girl.
    2. They could hold a pillow with fake rings or a sign. I dont trust my 1 year old with the real hardware, so we are just getting plastic jewelry for him to carry.

Happy Planning!
  • Elizabeth
    Dedicated June 2021
    Elizabeth ·

The ring bearers and flower girls are just for show and to involve the youngsters of the family; it really isn't necessary at all. Just do what you want and have some fun letting the little ones be in your big day! If you like the signs or ring security outfits, those are great ideas, but little kids always look cute in dresses and suits anyways!

Comment on this discussion