We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Tiffany
Dedicated June 2021

Ring bearer

Tiffany, on August 25, 2020 at 11:56 PM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 0 11
Saved Save
So FH have been going back and forth on having his cousin for our ring bearer. He decided against having him and now I’m torn if I should even have one now or not. Would it be weird if I only had a flower girl? I have a family member that could replace the ring bearer don’t really want to.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Yasmine, on August 26, 2020 at 8:55 PM
  • Jana
    Master October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    Many weddings have one or the other or none. More often than not, people don't have someone for both roles. But only do it if it's a must-have to you, not to fill a role for tradition.
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    I don't think it's weird to only have a flower girl. My wedding was going to only have a ring bearer with no flower girl (but now that we postponed two years, we're reconsidering).
  • Bo Miller
    Expert December 2020
    Bo Miller ·
    • Flag

We are planning on having only a flower girl. I don't think it is weird at all!

• Futuremrsn
    Devoted October 2020
    Futuremrsn ·
    • Flag
    We may only be having two flower girls! We are having issues with many guests waiting til the last minute to rsvp (final date for rsvps is Aug 31) and we wanted my FH’s oldest nephew to be the ring bearer but the way it’s looking we aren’t even sure if my FH’s sister or children will be there for our big day. I have put a lot of emphasis on the flower girls in that case. I bought them beautiful dresses, flower boxes, and shoes. Girl power!
  • T
    Devoted May 2021
    Trinity ·
    • Flag

It's not weird to just have flower girl and no ring bearer. Honestly, I have attended many weddings and no one really notices or cares for any of that. I was planning to have 4 FGs, with just 1 or none ring bearers since most of our friends have girls.

• Tiffany
    Dedicated June 2021
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    What a relief! It’s so much pressure and I really didn’t want to just have a filler so thank you !
  • Tiffany
    Dedicated June 2021
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag
    Thank you everyone I was feeling really anxious overthinking about it and it’s such a relief. I’m sure we’ll probably get some backlash from some of his family members but it’s not about them
  • Lorraine
    Dedicated January 2021
    Lorraine ·
    • Flag
    We’re having 4 flower girls and zero ring bearers. We both have a maid of honor and they’ll have the rings. You do you.
  • Bo Miller
    Expert December 2020
    Bo Miller ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We didn't feel it necessary at all! The person next to us in the wedding party will have the rings.

• Super August 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    It's definitely not weird. I have a lot of small child relatives, but we didn't really want to have to deal with little kids in the wedding party. At the ceremony, my (28 year old) brother held onto both of our rings.
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    I don’t think it would be weird. Is there a reason your fiancé doesn’t want the cousin as the ring bearer? Either way I think just a flower girl would be fine

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles