Angelica
Just Said Yes October 2021

Reserved seating for bridal party and family

Angelica, on September 9, 2021 at 12:05 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 8
Saved
Hello so my wedding is October 9th 2021. I’m having a bit of trouble trying to decide how I want to do seating for our groomsmen and bridesmaid and our families. Should we just reserve tables closest to us for them to sit with there spouses (for bridal party)? As well as reserve tables for our families? What is the most easiest?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Cece, on September 9, 2021 at 9:19 PM
  • Thinn
    Devoted September 2021
    Thinn ·
    • Flag
    I created a seating chart and a floor plan of how I want the table layout to be and provided it to my venue and my planner. I put the bridal party and their families in the bridal party tables next to our sweet heart table followed by the family members tables. I named them accordingly on the floor plan.
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag

We are doing open seating for our upcoming reception and plan on reserving a few tables closest to ours for our bridal party and parents.

• Cece
    VIP November 2022
    Cece Online ·
    • Flag
    I found the easiest thing to do was just assign seating for every guest. That way I didn’t need to worry about reserving tables and having others sit in them, or families/friends getting split up. Now, every person will have an assigned seat (because we are using long kings tables. If we’d had round tables, we would just assign a table, not a specific seat) next to their families/friends so that I can rest assured knowing each guest is comfortable at my reception. I’ve been to too many weddings that didn’t have assigned seating that just went horribly wrong.
  • Michelle
    Rockstar October 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    Have assigned seating for everyone. Otherwise there will be chaos with couples separated. Assign them to a table and let them pick the seat. And yes let the attendants sit with their partners.
  • Janae
    Devoted September 2021
    Janae ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I did the same thing!!

• Angelica
    Just Said Yes October 2021
    Angelica ·
    • Flag
    But what if there’s drama with a family members spouse?
  • Ingrid
    Dedicated September 2022
    Ingrid ·
    • Flag

If you are doing assigned seating I would try to keep them apart- if you know they are going to make a scene. I would also try to assign people to monitor the situation for you so that is not something you have to stress about on the big day so much will be happening. My FH has family who are in a feud and if both show (which I doubt) we will be seating them far apart and keep them with people where they won't have to really interact.

If you are doing open seating but reserving tables for immediate family and bridal party I would maybe make a small seating chart for them so they are aware of their seats so this still eliminates drama occurring.

• Cece
    VIP November 2022
    Cece Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Assign seating! Make sure these people are seated away from each other.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics