Courtney
Savvy July 2021

Rescheduled bride support :(

Courtney, on September 22, 2020 at 8:39 AM Posted in Planning 0 32
Saved
Hi ladies, I hope everyone is doing ok. It's been a really stressful planning year and I hope everyone is holding strong. We finally made the decision to postpone one January 2nd wedding due to covid restrictions on our venue (only 25 people including staff!!!) and a lot of family deciding not to come. We had come up with like 5 back up plans throughout the year trying not to have to reschedule but we were kind of cornered into making this final decision because logically and financially for us it didn't make sense to go forth with the wedding. Plus we already got legally married (scared of a resurgence at the time) which helps but is also why we want to have a bigger celebration because we already did a mini celebration with our parents and small bridal party. We pushed it out to July 2021 and I was just wondering how other brides are handling having to wait even longer and do you feel confident that things will be covid clear by the summer of next year?? That's my biggest concern is that were gonna wait longer just to have the same thing happen again. Any tips and tricks to get through this long wait would be helpful or even if you just want to vent together I'm up for that too! Lol! Thanks ladies!

32 Comments

Latest activity by Courtney, on October 5, 2020 at 11:57 AM
  • C
    Savvy October 2021
    Casey.S ·
    • Flag
    I moved from this fall to next fall and I worry every single day about next year being the same thing. However at the end of the day I will not be postponing again so whatever restrictions are is what I’ll deal with when the time comes. I’m really hoping by the spring there’s a big change and a vaccine out though. Really praying for the best every single day
  • Courtney
    Savvy July 2021
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That's our outlook on it too and whatever happens happens but let's pray to God this is all over by then. Good luck with your wedding ♥️.
  • C
    Savvy October 2021
    Casey.S ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Good luck to you too!! Don’t worry; whatever it looks like it will still be the best day ever ❤️
  • Courtney
    Savvy July 2021
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!!!
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa Online ·
    • Flag
    We rescheduled from July 2020 to July 2022 (we had to pick 2022 due to limited venue availability for 2021). If things still aren't better by 2022, we'll work with whatever restrictions are in place. Postponing was a hassle, and I don't plan to postpone again. As for next summer, there's still a lot of time before then. I'm hoping for the best for everyone that postponed to next year. At the very least, people should be adjusted to the restrictions, and hopefully many of the restrictions will be at least loosened. Don't stress too much until time gets closer - maybe re-evaluate in April 2021 and make your decision on what to do at that time.
  • Courtney
    Savvy July 2021
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks Lisa! I appreciate your advice! I hope your wedding is beautiful! ♥️
  • Jeni
    Devoted July 2021
    Jeni ·
    • Flag
    I could only reschedule up to a year out, so I'm getting married in July 2021 no matter what. Like you, I also had a minimony with just our parents and siblings. We wanted to make sure we were legally married in case we did get infected and we could make health care decisions for each other as spouses. (Luckily that hasn't happened, but we had to make practical decisions for our life together.)

Since we're partying no matter what, we've decided to go all out with whomever will make it. We have a food and beverage minimum, so if our numbers are too low to meet it, we're going to have top of the line everything. Dom perignon for everyone! 😂😂😂 Just move forward knowing you made the best decision for your situation and try not to dwell on it too much.
  • Courtney
    Savvy July 2021
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hahaha it sounds like our experience is very similar! We also have minimums and said people are gonna be living large if need be 😂. I wasn't sad about maybe having to add a nice dessert table lol! Thanks for the advice! I hope your July wedding is wonderful!
  • A
    Devoted June 2021
    Allie ·
    • Flag

Hey Courtney! I sooo relate to your post! I am in a similar situation. I am already legally married and would really really love to have the celebration with family and friends next summer where we can unite the two communities, celebrate with loved ones, and have a "send-off" of sorts into married life. When we postponed from summer 2020 to summer 2021, we thought we were being super conservative by pushing back a whole year. However, with each day/week/month that passes by, I'm growing more concerned about the feasibility of hosting the wedding safely. I know that not everyone holds my same opinion, but my opinion is that I wouldn't want to host a large event where I would possibly expose my nearest and dearest to getting sick, even if the event had precautions in place - I am a very cautious person. To complicate matters further, we have people crucial to the wedding that would need to travel internationally. So I am constantly asking myself if we would postpone again or just cancel outright (and maybe have a 5-year anniversary party or something, but it wouldn't be a wedding at that point). I know that it's not the biggest problem in the world, and in many ways it's a nice problem to have (celebrating love and commitment with my spouse). But it still occupies part of my mind, ya know? All in all, I unfortunately don't have any tips of tricks, but I absolutely resonate with what you said: "That's my biggest concern is that were gonna wait longer just to have the same thing happen again."

• Courtney
    Savvy July 2021
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hi Allie! I totally feel for you and your predicament! It is such a struggle balancing what you hope happens with what could occur. I understand your concern for your family especially those traveling internationally. We are lucky in the fact all of our guests are state side and pretty much driving distance. I'm sure you've seen this but if you do want to put some extra precautions in place when the wedding does happen I saw people using colored wrist bands to show people what level of comfort they are with socializing (ie green, yellow, red) we were thinking of doing this in January or July if need be. We have quite a few guests with differing views on the virus and I want to ensure everyone is comfortable. We also considered pushing off for awhile so we could have kids which I'm getting antsy for but then all I could think of is not feeling the same with all the experiences I want to have like being walked down the aisle, first looks etc. I just feel like it might not feel the same but that's just my persona fear and not reality. I don't know about you but I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster like in the morning I feel settled and excited that I have more time to plan and can take my time on details and then in the afternoon I just wish it was here and over with so I can move on in life 😅. It's at least nice to be able to discuss with others and not feel so isolated. ♥️
  • A
    Devoted June 2021
    Allie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you for your response! Omg you said it better than I ever could have....balancing what you hope happens with what could occur....that needs to go on a poster or something!! That's really sweet about wanting to make sure all your guests are comfortable - that is so considerate! And YES to the rollercoaster! For me, it honestly varies day by day...AND from morning to noon to night. And I absolutely agree about the experiences that might be missed at an anniversary party or maybe even vow renewal - being walked down the aisle, wearing the veil, etc! I'm also starting to get baby fever, so I'm with you on that too. I'm grateful for your post and for this forum - to connect with other people who understand the rollercoaster! I can't help but feel a little defeated or even silly when I express these things to other people and they (while trying to help) say something like "well, at least you're already legally married" or "the wedding is about the couple anyway" or "it's just a party...so many couples spend too much money on a party with so many guests that it's just a blur." They mean well, and while those statements are all true to some extent, those people all HAD wedding celebrations with their friends and family....they all walked down the aisle, ya know? They danced with their friends and introduced the families and friends to each other. And they don't know what it's like to possibly not have that experience. Anyway, I absolutely second your comment about being able to discuss with others!

• Courtney
    Savvy July 2021
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Aw you're too sweet! It's really nice to hear someone feels the same way and validate my emotions! I 1000% relate to feeling of sort of being... Dismissed? when people try to sympathize but sometimes it makes me feel silly for feeling the way I do because logically I understand it's "just a party" or "you'll save money" but I keep thinking of the future and when I look back I don't want to regret not having the type of memories I've always thought I'd have. Even if the memories don't come in a conventional way I still want to capture the feeling I've always wanted, ya know? Also, just to vent a little more haha but I struggle when people say "no matter what it's gonna be a great day and everything will work out" like you said they mean well but I can't help but get more anxiety because I feel like I need to brace for the worst but hope for the best. Lol! Thanks for you kind responses! 🤗
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    I definitely think that Covid will still be around next year, but I also think that it will be better. I think by July it’ll be fine. Let’s hope 🙏🏾
  • Courtney
    Savvy July 2021
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Let's hope so! 🤞
  • A
    Devoted October 2021
    Adrienne ·
    • Flag

Yeah I feel this so hard haha. We are having our minimony in 11 days, and while I'm excited to be married to my FH, I'm stressed about next year. I'm stressed about having to plan a wedding again and also still fit into my dress next year lol. Plus with all the uncertainty of COVID, who knows if we will even be able to have our big celebration next year, or what the restrictions will be like. I really wanted a "normal" wedding and am pretty peeved at people who snuck in their weddings right before March lol. But it is a waiting game, and we just have to move forward and find happiness in the little things, like the fact that we can still have little minimonies and celebrations and be married Smiley smile

• A
    Devoted June 2021
    Allie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thiiiiiisssss! Yes, I feel this exact same way! And omg you hit the nail on the head with the anxiety-inducing aspect of wedding planning during this crazy situation. I wish you absolutely all the best with your wedding planning! And thank you for your support!

• Courtney
    Savvy July 2021
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you Allie!!! You as well! I wish nothing but a beautiful day for you and your husband! ♥️
  • Courtney
    Savvy July 2021
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ugh yes! The stress if the dress and just all the planning being help over our heads longer is whats getting me. LOL! I just told my husband today we shouldve just gotten married in February even though we were engaged in January 😂. If it helps any we really enjoyed our courthouse day and it really did feel special even though it was thrown together fast. I really hope you enjoy your minimony and all your celebration plans go smooth!
  • Courtney
    Savvy July 2021
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I hope so too! Best wishes on your big day no matter what life brings!
  • A
    Devoted June 2021
    Allie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you so very much!!! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics