Monica
Dedicated October 2020

Reschedule or cancel cuz of Covid?

Monica, on April 10, 2020 at 4:28 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 19
Saved
Reply
Anyone else have a wedding in October and are nervous about having to cancel or reschedule? I haven’t heard from any of my vendors. So I don’t even know what their plans are. Most of them are close by now. But I was supposed to have a meeting with my wedding venue this month to have a final payment. I’m definitely not paying if they are for seeing any more closures and less they can ensure that I can reschedule with no issues. I haven’t heard from any of my vendors. So I don’t even know what their plans are. Most of them are close by now. But I was supposed to have a meeting with my wedding venue this month to have a final payment. I’m definitely not paying if they are for seeing any more closures unless they can ensure that I can reschedule with no issues. I am almost completely done and planning my wedding I have a few small things left to do. I would really like to keep my wedding date but I do have concerns for my friends and family and want to do the right thing. I am just super nervous and anxious. Anyone else have the same feelings?I am almost completely done and planning my wedding I have a few small things left to do. I would really like to keep my wedding date but I do have concerns for my friends and family and want to do the right thing. I am just super nervous and anxious. Anyone else have the same feelings?

19 Comments

Latest activity by Mrs.a, on May 3, 2020 at 12:53 PM
  • Monica
    Dedicated October 2020
    Monica ·
    • Flag
    Sorry for the repeats in the sentences talk to text is awful.
    • Reply
  • Caitlin
    Devoted June 2021
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    Feeling the same. We are in August but aren’t planning on making any decisions yet.
    • Reply
  • Lisa
    Expert October 2021
    Lisa ·
    • Flag

    My fiancé and I are really considering postponing our October 10th wedding. All the uncertainty with the containment of the virus and the possibility of it coming back in the fall is weighing on us. He is currently on leave due to the casinos in Vegas being closed, and hasn't received an unemployment check yet. So that leaves all the bills and wedding expenses on me. He doesn't have any siblings, his cousins are basically his siblings and some of them may not be able to attend because of the virus (they have children that have medical issues, two are on the front lines working in medical fields, some are afraid to fly...) One of the hardest things is our contract with the venue gives us until this coming MONDAY to postpone and not close anything we've already paid. We've asked about their policy due to the circumstances and they basically said that they are being 'lax'. I'm not sure what that means and how lax they will really be when push comes to shove. We've received written confirmation that they will allow us to push that date to May 1st to at least allow us to see what happens after the April 30th social distancing orders are supposed to be over in Nevada. I'm almost positive come May 1st, we will postpone for October 2021.

    • Reply
  • Stephanie
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My wedding is October 24 and I havent heard from my reception venue yet about postponing but also am hoping we wont have to postpone. My photographer is super flexible and willing to move anything we need to!
    • Reply
  • K
    Savvy September 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

    I wish you all the best and far better luck than I had! Mine was initially supposed to be this past March 28th but postponed it to September 5th. As much as I want to start working on a new set of invitations and such, I fear I'll have to postpone again and waste even more money.

    I would suggest giving your venue and vendors a call now and ask about possibly moving your bookings if you have to reschedule. All of my vendors were fantastic and completely understood, so I'm hoping yours are just as amazing.

    • Reply
  • Kattie
    Dedicated June 2021
    Kattie ·
    • Flag
    We are 10.10.20. We've discussed a plan b but have not made any final decisions. We're playing day by day. We won't make any big decisions until it's closer. I do worry about how much time we have left to get things done. I don't want to spend anymore money right now on the wedding due to the unknown. Hope it all works out for all of us.
    • Reply
  • Monica
    Dedicated October 2020
    Monica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You are the week after us. I wouldn’t make any snap decisions yet. I was told to hold off and wait. I know it’s hard but it’s all unknown. It’s possible it may be over by then. I just don’t want to cancel with everything pretty much already paid for and planned out already. I still have a few things left to do but I’m not making any more plans or paying for anything else till at May 4th when the ban is supposed to be lifted in NH. Hopefully I’ll know more by then. Good luck to everyone.
    • Reply
  • Monica
    Dedicated October 2020
    Monica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My venue and most of my other vendors are closed for now till the ban is lifted. So I’m just taking it day by day. I’ll know more May 4th when our ban is supposed to be lifted. Hopefully we will be able to continue as planned. I’ve already planned and paid for most of my stuff and final payment for venue was due this month but she to this whole thing it was postponed. So I guess everything is up in the air and I hate not knowing it’s driving me crazy.
    • Reply
  • Lisa
    Expert October 2021
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It’s hard to hold off and wait when the venue isn’t communicating what their policy will be after we pass what the contract says and the circumstances are the same closer to our date.
    • Reply
  • Brie
    Savvy July 2021
    Brie ·
    • Flag

    You have a little time. We were in July and just officially postponed today. Have a Plan B ready. And a Plan C. But try to stay cool and just hope for the best.

    • Reply
  • Kattie
    Dedicated June 2021
    Kattie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hello fellow NH bride! Fall in NH is THE only time I want a wedding. The gorgeous colors!
    • Reply
  • Mrs.a
    Master October 2021
    Mrs.a ·
    • Flag
    Our venue reached out to us as our coordinators are still working remotely. I appreciate that they are being proactive in their communications. That said I am a little nervous reading most bride’s responses in these forums with different policies, etc that I did take a closer look at our contract agreement and I emailed them asking for specifics about rescheduling. While they did state that they are working with couples booked through April at the present moment, I at least want to be mentally prepared and have a plan B if at all possible, knowing when we have to decide by according to their terms.
    I would at least reach out to them to find out what their protocol would be.
    • Reply
  • Felicia
    Dedicated September 2021
    Felicia ·
    • Flag
    We are 10.16.20 and considering postponing until May or June 2021 (rooftop wedding in California) - the issue we have is that as of now our venue will not offer a reschedule. We will have to cancel and rebook for 2021 rates, which I’m sure will be more money. We simply can not justify booking our honeymoon right now and while we are essential business owners, a lot of friends and family aren’t working to even travel here for our wedding (our wedding is 80% out of towners). It seems like some states want to let up on their stay at home orders by May, and if that happens there is a very good chance we will be back in this predicament by July. I’m waiting until the end of April to make my decision!
    • Reply
  • Monica
    Dedicated October 2020
    Monica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yea since we are still in a stay at home order, all my vendors are still closed so I can’t even call and see what they want to do till businesses start opening back up. I was told if we canceled we would lose all the money we put down. I was told the venue has to be the one to make the final decision. That makes me nervous but I’m hoping they don’t cancel or if they do they allow us move our date. People keep telling me we should be okay but I’m not so sure. I stoped planing as I don’t want to risk losing more money if it ends up be canceled or postponed. We talked to our pastor and he said he would still marry us on our date. We would just do a private ceremony and have someone video it for us and take pics. I was told Jared jewelry is facilitating weddings. So it guess they will have a platform similar to zoom where people can join and watch live. Not sure when this will be set up or how it will work but it will all our friends and family to watch which would be cool. It won’t be the same but it’s the best we can do if we are gonna still get married. So if that happens will will just have a huge ceremony later when it’s safe to do so. I just hate this uncertainty and I wish I knew what was going on now so I could start preparing. I wish everyone else luck and hope things work out for everyone.
    • Reply
  • Monica
    Dedicated October 2020
    Monica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    What your alternate plans? Just reschedule dates?
    • Reply
  • Monica
    Dedicated October 2020
    Monica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Have you been able to figure anything else out?
    • Reply
  • Mrs.a
    Master October 2021
    Mrs.a ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    A bit, our coordinator from the reception venue has reached out to us again reassuring us that they are in a good position to reopen when we can and that they are confident that we will be able to host our wedding reception in October. I’m still waiting for a reply from our Airbnb host where we’re holding the ceremony. I hadn’t heard from them and sent a message on Friday.
    • Reply
  • Monica
    Dedicated October 2020
    Monica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Well that’s really good and I hope it all works out for you
    • Reply
  • Mrs.a
    Master October 2021
    Mrs.a ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks! Fingers crossed 🤞
    I was just reading what you wrote about your venue not offering to refund your deposit if you cancel. That’s so frustrating taking everything into consideration.
    Hoping everything works out for you either way ❤️
    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics