Caila
Devoted August 2020

Rehearsal/ Reception Set up

Caila, on June 3, 2020 at 8:27 AM Posted in Planning 1 9
Saved

How long did it take everyone to set up their reception hall the day before? I am trying to think of what time to start setting up! Some of my bridesmaids have offered to come help and I don't know when to start! We have rehearsal at 5:30 and it is 30 minutes from the reception venue. I want to give everyone enough time to get ready and get there. Any input is welcome! Thanks in advance!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Veronica, on June 3, 2020 at 1:03 PM
  • Samantha
    Devoted July 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

I think it depends on what you have to do. When my best friend got married I think she had about 150 guests? Maybe less. We had to put the chair covers on and I think part of the centerpieces? It probably took all 6 of us about an hour. But we were steaming any chair covers that needed to be re-steamed, too.

• V
    Champion July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    It depends on what all you need to do. I know my brother-in-law's wife and her bride's people set up the night before after the rehearsal dinner. I believe it took them about 30 minutes. All they had to do though was set up the centerpieces. It wasn't any over the top.
  • Mrs. S
    Super November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    We had centerpieces, candles, dinnerware, tables, chairs, tablecloths, welcome table, memory table, name cards. It took about 4 hours.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

I hired two people for 1.5-2 hours to do the set up and that's because they only really needed to set up the centerpieces and the guest sign in table and the candy buffet table and another table so it gave them plenty time. if you have to do more like as PP mentioned - actually needing to set the tableware out, then you'd need far more time.

• Caila
    Devoted August 2020
    Caila ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We have about 300 guests! We will have to put up all the tables, chairs, and head table. Then we have centerpieces, cocktail hour snack table, welcome table, memory table, seating chart.. That's impressive you guys did it in an hour!

• Caila
    Devoted August 2020
    Caila ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's nice you hired somebody! That was an option, but I wanted to save the money. We have more like the PP so I am thinking it will take us a few hours.. Just was seeing what others planned for Smiley smile

• Caila
    Devoted August 2020
    Caila ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yeah ours is like yours -- all of those things plus cocktail hour snack table and a few bar decorations. I think we are going to plan for like 4-5 hours. If we get done early, then people have time to relax before rehearsal

• Caila
    Devoted August 2020
    Caila ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's crazy they did that in 30 minutes!! We will have to put up all the tables, chairs, and head table(table cloth and all). Then we have centerpieces, cocktail hour snack table, welcome table, memory table, seating chart

• V
    Champion July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Their venue handled most of the sent up. They just had to move the centerpieces from their car, into the venue and put them on the tables.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics