Skip to main content
Private User
Dedicated October 2016

Rehearsal dinner attire

Private User, on September 29, 2016 at 6:30 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 46
Saved

What is everyone wearing to their rehearsal dinner? Traditionally the bride wear white/ivory right?

46 Comments

Latest activity by KS, on October 2, 2016 at 12:53 PM
  • MrsDrum
    Master June 2017
    MrsDrum ·
    • Flag

I'm wearing a pink dress. We are having ours a baseball game so it's a little different of a situation.

I bought this dress for engagement pictures but love it so much I want to wear it for the rehearsal dinner too. I'll just have to put a pic with a different outfit on the save the dates!

• Lorith
    Master May 2016
    Lorith ·
    • Flag

I wore... I don't remember what I wore. Just whatever from my closet. We all just got together for lunch the day before to give out wedding party gifts and for hubby to transfer me to his brother and sil for safe keeping until the wedding.

• Overkat
    VIP September 2016
    Overkat ·
    • Flag

I wore a blush dress. It was cute, but more importantly it was super comfortable.

• Zaz
    Master October 2016
    Zaz ·
    • Flag

You don't have to go "traditional" for the rehearsal dinner - I'm wearing a vintage styled black dress, complete with poofy petticoat:

• Ginny
    Dedicated December 2016
    Ginny ·
    • Flag

I'm wearing a white tulle skirt (my FSIL wore it to her bachelorette dinner) with a white top and sparkly accessories

• Emster
    Super September 2016
    Emster ·
    • Flag

I wore a blue sparkly dress I got from Rent the Runway!

• Sarahmouche
    Master January 2017
    Sarahmouche ·
    • Flag

Our rehearsal will be on 12/29 so I will likely wear a bright or dark color, even "winter" white feels a bit off to me (probably bc I will be so pale then ha)

• MysticBride1016
    Super October 2016
    MysticBride1016 ·
    • Flag

@emster, I ordered the same one for my rehearsal! It's so pretty!

• NowASeptMrs
    Master September 2015
    NowASeptMrs ·
    • Flag

I wore a white one!

• Nancy
    VIP January 2017
    Nancy ·
    • Flag

Don't think I've ever heard of any traditional rehearsal dinner attire. Wear whatever you feel comfortable in. And any ribbon/bow plate hat that was made from your bridal shower. Ha!

• Rachel
    Super October 2016
    Rachel ·
    • Flag

I'm wearing this with a cardigan over it bc it'll be chilly. ETA: You definitely dont have to wear white. I wanted to though...

• FutureMrsFink
    Dedicated November 2016
    FutureMrsFink ·
    • Flag

I am wearing a navy blue lace dress, it's like knee length. Navy is our wedding color. I am wearing white for my bridal shower

• FutureMrsFink
    Dedicated November 2016
    FutureMrsFink ·
    • Flag

Rachel R I think my rehearsal dinner dress is the same as that just navy blue!

• Kristen
    Savvy October 2016
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

I'm wearing

• Erin Wood
    Master July 2017
    Erin Wood ·
    • Flag

I'll probably wear white. It's kind of fun. We are having a bonfire on the beach after the RD so it won't be anything too formal.

• annakay511
    Master July 2015
    annakay511 ·
    • Flag

Honestly, you can wear whatever you want! But, I wore white! Smiley smile

ETA: We had our RD at a restaurant.

• EarlieCat
    Super December 2016
    EarlieCat ·
    • Flag

I'm wearing a white/ivory dress. I usually don't wear white because I am always spilling something!

• SummerS
    Master January 2016
    SummerS ·
    • Flag

We had it at a brick oven pizza place so I didn't dress up too much...didn't wear white either. I wore some nice jeans, wedges and an embellished burgundy top.

ETA it was also in January so white dresses would have been hard to come by anyway.

• NotThatFreakinMary
    VIP November 2016
    NotThatFreakinMary ·
    • Flag

I'm wearing this retro black, red and white rockabilly style halter dress with a poofy skirt and high heel saddle pumps. Can't wait!

• MarleyAnne22
    Super October 2016
    MarleyAnne22 ·
    • Flag

Hmm 8 days away from that and I still don't know HA. I don't want to wear white though. We're having a taco bar/fiesta rehearsal dinner so I wanted to try to find a colorful dress. I've been searching for the last 2 weeks and haven't found one I love. I want to wear something comfy but cute.. Still looking

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics