Taylor
Dedicated October 2020

Rehearsal dinner attire for the Bride

Taylor, on September 19, 2020 at 6:35 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 13
Saved
Does the Bride wear whitr to her rehearsal dinner? I know the shower you do but nit certain on the rehearsal. Thanks.

13 Comments

Latest activity by Mrs. Coakley, on September 22, 2020 at 6:28 AM
  • Jana
    Master October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    I have attended a number of showers and rehearsal dinners and never once seen a bride wear white to either of those events. Usually she wears something cute she already owns in a flattering color.
  • Stacey
    Super May 2021
    Stacey ·
    • Flag
    You can wear whatever you want to both the shower and your rehearsal dinner. Smiley smile
  • Michelle
    Rockstar April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    Agree- I’ve never seen a bride wear white to the rehearsal dinner. According to google, basically anything goes. Pastels blues & pinks are popular but wear a color that’s on your color wheel. Magenta is on my color wheel so I’ll probably opt for that.
  • A
    Super October 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    You can wear whatever you want! At the rehearsal dinners I’ve attended, the brides have worn white or mostly white attire. It’s up to you, though.
  • MOB So Cal
    January 2019
    MOB So Cal ·
    • Flag

I don't remember what daughter was planning to wear to the RD, maybe a white dress, but it was POURING all week and the night of the RD was truly awful weather-wise. Daughter ended up wearing dark jeans and a pretty sweater! You can wear whatever you want.

• Hanna
    VIP June 2019
    Hanna ·
    • Flag

Wear whatever you want! Out of the 15 or so rehearsal dinners I've attended in the past 3 years, all of the brides have worn white (I also wore a white dress for my own rehearsal dinner) but you can wear anything you'd like

• VIP August 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    The bride has worn white to all of the rehearsal dinners that I've been to an can remember what the bride wore, but I don't think it matters. I feel like white looks good on my skin and there are only so many situations in which it's appropriate to a wear a white dress, so I will probably wear one to mine.
  • J
    Master 0000
    Judith ·
    • Flag
    You can wear any color clothes you like. There is no reason to wear white to any shower or RD, or bach. I have occasionally seen print sundresses on a white background in summer, but as often on guests as brides.
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    You can where whatever you want. I haven’t seen any brides wear white to their rehearsal dinners on the last few I’ve been to.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    You can! But I didn’t aha I just wore whatever was in my closet
  • Talia
    Super October 2020
    Talia ·
    • Flag

I'm wearing a sparkly rose gold dress for the RD ! I have seen some brides wear white to their RD.

• Vicky
    VIP January 2020
    Vicky ·
    • Flag

The bride wears whatever she wants to both the rehearsal dinner and the shower.

• Mrs. Coakley
    Master June 2017
    Mrs. Coakley ·
    • Flag
    Nah I wore blue! Didn’t want to spoil wedding day!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics