Zoe O.
Devoted November 2019

Reception Venues in Indianapolis

Zoe O., on April 15, 2018 at 5:26 PM Posted in Indiana Planning 0 6
Saved Save

Can anyone recommend a reception venue in or near downtown Indianapolis that has space for about 100 people? My fiancé and I were originally hoping to have the reception at an Irish pub as we are having a traditional Irish wedding. However, all the locally-owned pubs seem disinterested in closing to the general public for the duration of our reception and all the chain pubs want to charge us the entirety of our wedding budget.

6 Comments

• Mrs J
    Expert May 2018
    Mrs J ·
    • Flag
    May I ask what your budget is? Hard to narrow down options for you without knowing what you're looking to spend...
  • Zoe O.
    Devoted November 2019
    Zoe O. ·
    • Flag

For the venue only, we're looking at a ballpark of $1,500. If other services are packaged in, we're willing to go up to the $3,000 mark and maybe a little above.

• Mrs J
    Expert May 2018
    Mrs J ·
    • Flag
    How many guests? I know the cute, historical Benton House in Irvington (10 min drive from downtown) is very affordable (hundreds of dollars), but is small. You might also try Sanctuary on Penn or 1899 (really cool historic venue).
  • Mrs J
    Expert May 2018
    Mrs J ·
    • Flag
    Thought: you might want to also consider an atypical wedding day (i.e. not Sat) for even better deals.
  • Mrs J
    Expert May 2018
    Mrs J ·
    • Flag
    Sorry for multiple posts, but the central library looks to be fairly affordable as well.
  • F
    Just Said Yes September 2018
    Faith ·
    • Flag

The Columns in Greenwood, IN is very affordable, as well as it's neighbor, Grafton Peek Ballroom. They are both very pretty and have beautiful outdoor picture locations as well. I second the idea of having your wedding on a Sunday or Friday night in order to save some money. When is your wedding? The time of year can also dictate cost to some extent.

I am a recently certified wedding planner and coordinator so if you need help with anything feel free to reply to this comment to let me know. I'm very willing to work with you on price.

Comment on this discussion