Megan
Beginner October 2019

Reasonable price for hair and makeup?

Megan, on August 14, 2019 at 2:35 PM Posted in Hair and Makeup 1 27
Saved

Help! I live in Las Vegas and recently got quoted for hair and makeup.

Hair only for bride: $150

Hair only for bridesmaids: $80

Makeup only for bride: $150

Makeup only for bridesmaids: $100

This seems astronomical to me?? I'm sure it varies from city to city, but what's the normal going rate? If that's what it costs, I'll suck it up but I would not expect my bridesmaids to shell out that kind of cash.

27 Comments

Latest activity by Brooke, on October 22, 2019 at 2:45 PM
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    That seems average to me and I live in a much lower cost of living area than LV.
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

I live in Denver and paid $240 for bridal hair and makeup, and $140 for bridesmaids & moms hair and makeup. That didn't include trial ($80), travel ($40), extra artist fee ($200), or tip.

• Nemo
    Master August 2018
    Nemo ·
    • Flag

It was $365 for my own hair and makeup, including a "free" trial and flash eyelashes. For bridesmaids/moms it was $135 for hair (for an updo or half-up/half-down) and makeup (false eyelashes were $10 extra). Neither of these prices include tip. I'm in a fairly low cost of living area, too.

• I_Do_Too
    Devoted September 2020
    I_Do_Too ·
    • Flag
    Yep seems like the average i’ve gotten for los angeles and New Jersey. Some artists are independent and charge a bitess. you can find them on IG (for example “#njbridalhair” “#njbridalmakeup”)
  • I_Do_Too
    Devoted September 2020
    I_Do_Too ·
    • Flag
    *a bit less
  • Keisha
    Dedicated October 2019
    Keisha ·
    • Flag

Yeah that sounds right! Those are the prices I'm seeing here in Atlanta!

• Megan
    Beginner October 2019
    Megan ·
    • Flag

Thank you guys for the feedback. People rarely post their prices so it's hard to figure out what's normal.

• Christie
    Dedicated October 2019
    Christie ·
    • Flag
    That's about what I'm paying for me plus five bridesmaids.
  • Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    I paid $150 for hair, $125 for makeup, and $90 per bridesmaid service. So yeah that seems average to me.
  • Cristy
    Master May 2021
    Cristy ·
    • Flag
    These are the exact prices I was quoted. I'm in California. I couldn't find anything cheaper.
  • Megan
    Beginner October 2019
    Megan ·
    • Flag

Thank you!

• Ashley
    Expert October 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    Average. I priced EVERY place that made sense to me, and that were all either those prices, or more. I finally came to terms with this a booked yesterday lol I get it, I need to switch careers
  • Jordan
    Just Said Yes September 2019
    Jordan ·
    • Flag
    That’s about what I found too (in Asheville, nc). I was also astounded. I ended up finding some more low key freelance people by looking up on Instagram #ashevillebride , #ashevillehairandmakeup , etc.
  • Anna
    Super August 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag

Sounds about right and I live in an average sized city in Ontario, Canada.

• Cassi
    Super October 2019
    Cassi ·
    • Flag

Mine is in Gatlinburg TN and will be $190 for my Hair and Makeup and averaging around 80-120 for bridesmaids hair and makeup. This doesn't count the travel fees ($70 additional because she will travel to two locations).

• Kristin
    Devoted October 2020
    Kristin ·
    • Flag

Seems pretty standard. I'm paying $200 for hair and makeup and that's pretty low considering the average cost in LA is about $350

• Jessica
    Savvy May 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

That makes sense for a city like Las Vegas. My FSIL got married in Chicago and got quoted similar amounts.

• Natalie
    Devoted January 2021
    Natalie ·
    • Flag

That's about the cost I'm paying in San Antonio TX. Includes false lashes.

• Christina
    Dedicated September 2022
    Christina ·
    • Flag

Im getting married in Boca Raton Florida, and I live in NY so I had to find a stylist out there in FL. I found a hair stylist who will do bridesmaids between 65-85 pp and I found a make up artist who will do my makeup for $150 that includes eyelashes and the bridesmaids $100 pp that includes eyelashes.

• Desiree
    Super March 2020
    Desiree ·
    • Flag

I've noted similar prices in FL. I'm with you, and it just seems high. I know it's not, considering the occasion, but for that price I'd rather buy my own makeup and do it myself. I am pretty good at makeup (Not to toot my own horn) and I really love it, so I decided to splurge on make up and then keep it as my own little gift for when I'm done. Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics