Danielle
Savvy May 2021

Real or wood flowers?

Danielle, on May 2, 2020 at 6:17 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 10
Saved

Real or wood flowers? 1
Hi everyone!
Getting married next year and trying to decide on real or wood flowers. I attached a picture of the vision I have cascading bridal bouquet. Real is beautiful but wood would be a keepsake. Priced out its about the same cost. Didn't know what other brides experiences and thoughts were!
Also the company is northern sola luv for wooden flowers if anyone has ever gotten flowers from them!Thank you!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Kayleigh, on May 6, 2020 at 7:23 PM
  • Mandi
    Master October 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    I like the idea of reusing my flowers as home decor. So I went with fake. I actually went with paper flowers. But I plan to use them in my home layer.
  • Natalie
    Devoted December 2021
    Natalie ·
    • Flag
    Personally, I’m team real flowers. Although I love the idea of reusing them for home decor, I’m not much of a DIY bride. I’m loving the planning, just don’t want to worry about putting the bouquet together and the logistics of getting it to the wedding safely (Destination Wedding)
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This is totally me too. I’d be fine with wood or even a single stem for my BMs (although I didn’t have any), but for my bouquet, Real Flowers all the way.
  • Emily
    Savvy October 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    Real or wood flowers? 2
    I did sola wood flowers (exscuse the mess). Im so excited about it. Im making centerpieces out of wood flowers too. I like it because one, i can take them home after and two, people can take them as favors too at the end!! But im obsessed with my bouquet
  • Alexandra
    Devoted July 2021
    Alexandra ·
    • Flag
    I actually order fake flowers from something borrowed blooms! They looked very real and was the exact vision I had for my flowers. When I ordered my sample, my dad actually put them in water, thinking they were real, but I think that was him just being a man.
  • Trisha
    Super October 2020
    Trisha ·
    • Flag

Im Using Faux Flowers For Everything Except My Bouquet, Which Will Be Wood. I Don't Like The Idea Of Spending Alot of Money On Flowers That Will Just Die.

• Molly
    VIP September 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag

I am using sola wood flowers. I ordered them from sola wood flowers directly un dyed. I spent $208 on enough flowers for 7 bridesmaids 1 bride bouquets and 8 boots for the guys. I will likely have leftovers because I ordered extra because they were cute and on sale lol. https://solawoodflowers.com/ They are having a very good sale right now. They also have free shipping on orders over $75 and they ship fast. My order shipped out the same day I placed the order. I ordered 4/30/2020 they will be here 5/5/2020.

• MIWM
    VIP June 2019
    MIWM ·
    • Flag

I say real flowers

• Jana
    Master October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag

I prefer real flowers all the way. You can't replicate the look or scent with silks.

The wood flowers are pretty. They work great for a vintage/rustic vibe. But it's entirely personal preference.

• Kayleigh
    Savvy September 2021
    Kayleigh ·
    • Flag

I went with foam flowers. Amazon has them and they are from Lingsmoment.

I'm going to repurpose them when I'm done and put them in a shadow box to make a flag. My flowers are burgundy and navy blue so they are darker than this image, but you get the idea. They were also inexpensive and I was able to make all of my bouquets and boutineers with less than 5 boxes of them (at about $15-$17 per box).

Good luck!

Real or wood flowers? 3

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics