We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Jessica
Just Said Yes October 2021

Questions regarding honeymoon

Jessica, on June 9, 2020 at 5:17 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 10
Saved Save

When is a good time to go after the wedding? I am getting married in Oct of 2021 (sorry to all the brides who were affected by covidSmiley sad ). I was wondering when is a good time to figure out and book the honeymoon? Also suggestions on destinations? Somewhere preferably on the cheaper side and a happy medium for both of us. I LOVE the beach and my fiance grew up in the woods. Beach trumps woods to if anyone even has a good beach destination with good pricing that would be great! To many options!!! Smiley smile

What about cruises?! Never been on one. People who have done some traveling do you think it is a better bang for your buck?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Rebecca, on June 9, 2020 at 11:52 PM
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle Online ·
    • Flag

I think this depends a lot on your preferences. for instance i left maybe two weeks after my wedding because that was better timing for us and price wise it was a lot better for flights.

• Jasmine
    Rockstar February 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

You can literally go whenever you'd like. We're going a week after our wedding. Some people go a few months after or even a year after. There's no solid timeline on when you can go. As far as beach locations, I've heard some good things about Beaches, Excellence but I'm not too sure about their prices. It also depends on what's a "good price" to you. We booked with Sandals Resorts.

• Kerin
    Rockstar February 2021
    Kerin ·
    • Flag

Originally we would have been going 2 months after the wedding, because we were accommodating school schedules for kids and looking for warmer weather, but now that everything else is rescheduled, we're leaving the day after the wedding. There really aren't rules with that. Maybe you and your FH could each research and each come back with 3 options, then whittle them down together? Who knows, you may both find the same one and make the decision easy!

• Jessica
    Just Said Yes October 2021
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I'm looking at a sandals resort in Jamaica!

• Elizabeth
    Super June 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

Our wedding is Sunday and our cruise leaves Thursday out of Italy, so we have three days to fly to Italy and account for the time change. We booked about 18 months in advance.

• Jasmine
    Rockstar February 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh. That's going to be exciting! I've seen a few brides on here mention that location as well.
  • A
    Expert December 2020
    Anais ·
    • Flag
    You can really go whenever, I decide my vacations depending on when’s the best weather at whichever location I want to go to. We’re getting married in December but want to go to Iceland and see the northern lights and not be freezing so we’ll probably go in September of the following year.
    I also prefer to travel during off season if possible because flights and hotels can be insanely cheaper.
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride Online ·
    • Flag
    Because we had a DW, it was heavenly to not go anywhere and just enjoy our mini-moon there. If we had stayed local for our wedding I think we would have done our wedding night in a nearby hotel, one night home, then left on our honeymoon. You’re so tired after the wedding I couldn’t imagine rushing into the honeymoon.
  • Shelby
    Expert November 2020
    Shelby ·
    • Flag
    We are in Florida so we more decided a staycation at Disney, since we are Passholders. We leave from the venue and go straight there to spend a whole week there 😊 we choose this option 1.) because we love Disney so much 2. We are able to get discounts 3.) it was easier to just stay “local”. I’m sure whatever you decide you will love it 💙
  • Rebecca
    Rockstar August 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

We didn't go until 5 months after our wedding, because of our jobs, and our destination. It's entirely up to you when you go.

Since we went to Disney, and we got married in August, we deliberately waited until after hurricane season/holiday rush, plus we both work in service and the arts, so we wanted to go when it was slow at work.

Destination needs to be someplace you both want to go, and where you can have the kind of vacation you want. Do you want to relax? Do you want to be doing things?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles