Nicole
Devoted April 2020

Pushing through

Nicole, on November 9, 2019 at 7:00 AM Posted in Planning 0 7
Saved Save
Its amazing how times flies by. We are at our 6 month mark and it seems so far away but it's really not. The holidays are coming up and my FH and I decided to get each other small gifts and spoil the kiddo. However I am at a loss and I've no idea what to get him other than clothes and a new hoodie. He continues to ask for a puppy, but I don't want another dog until we buy a home. So the hunt continues for that.
I think we have finalized our cake/cupcake flavors. At least I know the ones we both really enjoy. I've got my flowers priced out but not purchased yet. Going to begin gathering pieces for our center pieces soon and experimenting with those and maybe do some garage/antique store shopping for other miscellaneous items.
Om the bright side, our wedding website is almost complete! FINALLY! that's been a struggle instead, finding the time to sit in front of the computer after being at work on the computer all day.

The only struggle I have now, is that with the whole cake thing, my mother is pushing me to keep searching. The lady I have chosen isnt out of budget but her delivery fee is $200 on top of what we are spending for cake and cupcakes. It's all about debating on the drawing board I suppose. Anyways, happy Saturday!

7 Comments

• Rebecca
    Savvy September 2020
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag
    Order sheet cakes from somewhere to serve and splurge on a small fancy cake for cutting. That's what we did and it saved a ton of money
  • Melle
    Champion June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I agree with PP, you don't need one whole giant wedding cake. If you've got regular cake in the back to serve that's fine
  • Nicole
    Devoted April 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We are doing a 2 tier cake and cupcakes. I cut our cost in half. Thisnis probably the only time I'll ever use a baker and I guess it's the experiance. Otherwise I'd just bake it
  • Cortney
    Dedicated August 2020
    Cortney ·
    • Flag

We are doing a small 3 tier (70 people plus anniversary top layer) and paying much less for kitchen cakes for about 100. The only watch out for this is some bakers don’t do the same number of layers in the kitchen cakes. Make sure you understand how they do the kitchen cakes. Our kitchen cakes are about 0.50 less per person than our venue’s cupcakes (unless we upgrade our kitchen cakes then they are the same). The venue doesn’t do cakes and I believe the baker has a minimum.

$200 is a lot for delivery, unless you’re far out of the metro area of the baker. In our area it seems like $45 is standard.

• Nicole
    Devoted April 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah it's not that far. I'll find a way to get it picked up lol. I have another I am meeting friday just to make sure I've picked the right one
  • Cortney
    Dedicated August 2020
    Cortney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’ve heard horror stories about picking up. Just remember that when it leaves the baker, it’s yours. Any chance you know someone that is experienced in transporting fancy cakes? Otherwise I might just pay! Better to spend $200 to put it on them versus losing a way pricier cake! Just my opinion Smiley smile
  • Nicole
    Devoted April 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

Horror stories! Yes I have too but that makes it more fun. the cake isn't the center piece of my wedding. FH and I are goofy anyways so if someone drops the ball they'll have to tell the story!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics