Laura
Rockstar October 2019

Purple hues for your big day

Laura, on October 14, 2019 at 3:53 PM

Posted in Style and Décor 170

Is anyone besides me going with purple as your main or coordinating color? Purple has always been a favorite of mine, and I wasn't able to go with it for my first wedding. I knew if I ever got married again it was one thing I wouldn't give on this time. If you are using purple in your decor,...

Is anyone besides me going with purple as your main or coordinating color? Purple has always been a favorite of mine, and I wasn't able to go with it for my first wedding. I knew if I ever got married again it was one thing I wouldn't give on this time. If you are using purple in your decor, dresses, flower etc I would LOVE to see some pictures!!!

Here is some of what i'm going with for my wedding this SaturdaySmiley heart Smiley ring

my cake (but with more purple)cfb_1304125.jpgtop of my bouquetcfb_1304127.jpgmy bouquetcfb_1304129.jpgtoss bouquetcfb_1304131.jpgflowers for the guys (FH's is different)cfb_1304133.jpgMOH and bridesmaid bouquetcfb_1304135.jpgbridesmaid's dresscfb_1304137.jpgmy invitation (from the site not with our names)cfb_1304139.jpgMOH dresscfb_1304141.jpg

170 Comments

• Laura
    Rockstar October 2019
    Laura Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I don't think it has to. I have some regency purple, some lavender, some plum....I think as long as you love it, and it looks good to you it's great! I didn't want to toss my actual bouquet. The pic is the one I ordered, They actually messed up and send a more lavender one. I keep forgetting to add a pic of it

• Laura
    Rockstar October 2019
    Laura Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I thought about it, but I know someone who sells nail wraps called color street, and she gave me a great deal on silver ones

• Laura
    Rockstar October 2019
    Laura Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I would have loved Rob to wear a grey tux...I think that would have looked great, but he had a vision of a black tux with a black vest. He has salt and pepper hair so I know it'll look good on him. He didn't ask for that much really so I can give on some stuff.

• Layelle
    Dedicated February 2020
    Layelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My girls are too! They actually offered it in different lengths so the dresses are right at ankle length
  • Alicia
    Dedicated September 2020
    Alicia ·
    • Flag
    I'm doing purple, silver and cream
  • M
    Savvy May 2020
    MsEmily ·
    • Flag
    Purple is my theme and my color. I don’t have much stuff for it yet since I still have a couple months to get that stuff together. (Wedding in ~7 months)
  • Laura
    Rockstar October 2019
    Laura Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It'll be beautiful!!!

• Laura
    Rockstar October 2019
    Laura Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I really didn't get a ton of stuff until about 3 or 4 months before. Amazon Prime day is about when I started.

• Megan
    Expert June 2021
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    I want purple the be one of our colors but we haven't gotten as far as what we want purple yet.
  • Heather
    Savvy December 2019
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    Me!!
    my girls are in plum with lace.
    guys are in grey.
    I have plum ivory and grey tablecloths. I attached my flowers. The hoops I made for my bridesmaids.
    The girls dresses.
    my dress for the rehearsal dinner

Purple hues for your big day 1

Purple hues for your big day 2

Purple hues for your big day 3

Purple hues for your big day 4
  • Liliana
    Savvy July 2020
    Liliana ·
    • Flag
    I’m doing purple with fuschia!! I haven’t picked out the bridesmaids dresses I just sent them pictures of the colors and said picks something that fits your body type and one of these shades haha! I’m still looking for a florist that can make my centerpieces to my liking. But here are some pics from Pinterest that I’m using for inspo.

Purple hues for your big day 5

Purple hues for your big day 6
  • Liliana
    Savvy July 2020
    Liliana ·
    • Flag
    Last one here!

Purple hues for your big day 7
  • D
    Just Said Yes February 2020
    Danae ·
    • Flag

I'm doing purple, silver, and a peacock teal. I'm 99% sure my dress is going to be a dark purple and the groom will be in a dark grey suit. I'm having a MOH and one bridesmaid and one will be in silver and the other in the teal color.

• Clarissa
    Savvy May 2021
    Clarissa ·
    • Flag

I absolutely love this color! Your wedding is going to beautiful!

• Watts
    Super March 2020
    Watts ·
    • Flag
    Our main color is black. Accent colors are grape, plum, blush, and gold. I actually didn't want purple but my FH wound up loving black and purple attire, so I'm working with it.

Purple hues for your big day 8
  • Laura
    Rockstar October 2019
    Laura Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's ok. You have time to decide thatSmiley smile Smiley heart

• Laura
    Rockstar October 2019
    Laura Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I love all of it! I knew I couldn't be the only bride with a purple vision!

• Laura
    Rockstar October 2019
    Laura Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I considered that color combo tooSmiley heart

• Laura
    Rockstar October 2019
    Laura Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I love that bouquet a lot!

• Laura
    Rockstar October 2019
    Laura Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I'll definitely be looking forward to pictures!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics