Skip to main content
Jmz
Rockstar July 2022

Protecting shoes out in the grass?

Jmz, on May 19, 2022 at 1:08 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 10
Saved
I'm having a ceremony outside and the aisle will actually be in grass, although there's sidewalk leading up and where we stand for the ceremony is brick. Does anyone have any brilliant plan to protect their shoes against staining? My shoes are chunky and won't get stuck in the grass. However, they're a beautiful white and delicate fabric, and I'm now realizing this is a recipe for grass stains. I looooove these shoes and don't want to change, but I also want to be able to wear them after the wedding is over. Any thoughts? Would a simple protection spray be enough? 馃檲

10 Comments

Latest activity by Jmz, on May 24, 2022 at 2:31 AM
  • Kelly
    Rockstar October 2023
    Kelly
    • Flag

Can you lay a carpet or something else out in the grass for you to walk on?

• Jmz
    Rockstar July 2022
    Jmz
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That's a suggestion my mother also said! But since we're not allowed to stake anything into the grass, I just imagine myself tripping on it 馃檲馃檲 plus I haven't seen any traditional aisle runners that I like and a carpet wouldn't be long enough.
  • B
    VIP July 2017
    Becky
    • Flag

Even if you could stake it into the ground, it would likely get messed up and become a trip/slip hazard (at least that's what I was told when I asked about runners for our grass aisle - I didn't risk it, since I'm prone to tripping anyway).

I would definitely spray the shoes with one of those protection sprays (maybe they even have one for stains?) though I would definitely do the "test on an unseen portion" thing first - just in case. Honestly, I would *think* that would be enough to avoid grass stains - especially, since you won't be on the grass for a long time and you certainly won't be roughhousing in the grass lol. Obviously, there aren't any guarantees though.

• Rosie
    Master February 2022
    Rosie
    • Flag

One thing you could do is put down pieces of wood or tiles as stepping stones and some at the end of the aisle for the ceremony? We were going to do this, until our ceremony was moved inside due to rain.

We planned on using live-edge wood, but you could do like this:

Protecting shoes out in the grass? 1

Protecting shoes out in the grass? 2

Protecting shoes out in the grass? 3

• Mandi
    Dedicated July 2022
    Mandi
    • Flag
    They have shoe protection at certain stores against stains and water proof you can look online for. They work on any shoes
  • Kelly
    Rockstar October 2023
    Kelly
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    There are carpets made to be laid on grass. Maybe you could get some an practice walking on it to see how it goes?
  • Jmz
    Rockstar July 2022
    Jmz
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I think this is what I'm gonna go with, and if I need to, I'll get them professionally cleaned afterwards! The fabric is so delicate it makes me nervous, but I'm hoping it'll be fine. 馃檲
  • Jmz
    Rockstar July 2022
    Jmz
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We'll be standing on a bricked patio kind of thing for the actual ceremony. It's just the worry of getting down the aisle/taking photos afterwards. 馃槉
  • Jmz
    Rockstar July 2022
    Jmz
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes, I do that with my every day shoes! I'm just worried since these are super super delicate. But I'll try in a small area first. 馃檲
  • Jmz
    Rockstar July 2022
    Jmz
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I could try! Thanks

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics