We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

A
Dedicated September 2020

Pregnant moh - Rescheduling wedding?!

Amanda, on March 25, 2020 at 4:58 PM Posted in Planning 0 5
Saved Save
My sister is my best friend. And she literally lives on the opposite coast as me. My wedding was planned for 11/16/2020. Her due date is 11/5/2020. She just found out today, and we are all very excited... However, that clearly puts a damper on my end of things. She was supposed to watch my son for a week while we went on honeymoon as well. Clearly, that won't be happening which is fine. But I am not willing to risk her not attending the wedding, so I am going to try to move it up at least a month if my venue is able. Anyone done this? The only other vendors I need to check with would be photographer and DJ as I don't have a florist and we are doing a BBQ/Pig pickin' for the food.

5 Comments

• V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica
    • Flag
    Even if you moved it up at month, she won't be able to fly. Once you are so far along in your pregnancy, flying is restricted. I also can't imagine that she would want to drive across country that far along either.
  • A
    Dedicated September 2020
    Amanda
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It is 36 weeks, which she would still be under. And we are actually planning to move it to September if the venue is available. If not we will just have to see what we can do.
  • V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I would definitely talk with her before you do anything. Flying is uncomfortable so I can't imagine flying across the country that far along.
  • A
    Dedicated September 2020
    Amanda
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    She didn't even want me to move the wedding, insisting that she would be there regardless. 馃檮 I have a child, so I know how uncomfortable she is going to be. But, she insists. I'm just trying to accommodate her as much as I can.
  • Jennifer
    Devoted September 2020
    Jennifer
    • Flag
    Totally understand this predicament. I also know that anything can happen in a pregnancy, and expectant mothers can be put on bed rest for entire trimesters. My sister (my MOH) was high risk with her first 2 babies, and soon after I asked her to be my MOH this last summer she found out she was pregnant with their 3rd and due within days of our original wedding date (would have been May 2 this year). My FH and I made the decision to move the date to September to make sure she would be able to make it. Of course she didn't want me to change anything just for her but it was still very early in the planning stages and I really wanted her to be there. My sister and baby #3 are doing great and not high risk this time around 馃檪
    It sounds like the change for you would be fairly straightforward, doesn't hurt to reach out to your vendors now!

Comment on this discussion

Related articles