Erin
VIP December 2020

Postponing Indefinitely

Erin, on June 10, 2020 at 1:55 PM Posted in Planning 0 16
Saved
My FH and I have made the difficult decision to postpone our wedding indefinitely. I just got accepted into graduate school, and he just got let go from his job, and it’s just not the right time for us to be planning a wedding. I’m hoping to be able to finish my degree by May 2022, and have my fingers crossed for a winter 2022 wedding, but it’s unknown currently. As such, I’ll be taking my leave from the forums until I can truly start planning our wedding again. Wishing you all the best, and happy planning.

16 Comments

Latest activity by Gloria, on June 11, 2020 at 7:05 PM
  • Kerin
    Super February 2021
    Kerin ·
    • Flag
    Good luck in your degree program and good luck to your fiance. Sending you positive vibes and hopes for both of you to be on the path to an even more wonderful future together.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle Online ·
    • Flag

All the best wishes to you two! congrats on grad school

• Erin
    VIP December 2020
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you Smiley smile. He already has a ton of applications in, so fingers crossed he gets something new soon.
  • Erin
    VIP December 2020
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! Smiley smile it’s something I’ve been wanting to do for a few years now and the time finally felt right. Of course the day I got my acceptance letter was the day he was let go xD so we’ll see
  • Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

That's very bittersweet. I wish you both the best!!

• Elizabeth
    Super June 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

Congratulations on getting into graduate school! That's a huge accomplishment! I hope your partner finds a new job soon! Wishing you both the bestSmiley heart

• Nefetera
    VIP March 2015
    Nefetera ·
    • Flag
    Wish both of you the best! And i dont blame you Grad school no joke I finally graduate next week
  • Kellie
    Beginner June 2021
    Kellie ·
    • Flag
    Praying for you both...many blessings on yall future. 🙏🏾❤️
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    Congrats on getting into grad school. I remember reading posts about your wedding plans, so I’m sorry to hear about the cancellation. But it will all come together perfectly at the right time.
  • Erin
    VIP December 2020
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you Smiley smile. There’s a good possibility that I could finish my degree by July 2021, which would mean we can have the wedding at the regularly scheduled time xD. So it’s really just a wait and see.
  • Erin
    VIP December 2020
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you Smiley laugh my program is set to start in July and I could be done by July 2021 Smiley smile
  • Nefetera
    VIP March 2015
    Nefetera ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    NP at all****
  • J
    Expert May 2021
    Jaime ·
    • Flag

Good luck to you! Grad school is exciting! It will all work out!

• Gloria
    Dedicated October 2023
    Gloria ·
    • Flag
    Congratulations on grad school! That’s such a huge investment in yourself and your family so I completely understand why you would want to make that your priority and focus right now. Good luck to your FH finding a new job! We’ve also decided to definitely push our wedding out to 2022 (need to update my profile). We live in NY so we don’t know what this upcoming Fall/Winter will look like and I just don’t feel like next year will be a good fit unless we do the very end of 2021 like Nov/Dec. so 2022 is just probably the best plan. I’ll be excited to see your new wedding plans for ‘22. 😊
  • Erin
    VIP December 2020
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you Smiley smile. We are considering eloping privately around our original July 2021 date, since I should be done with schooling in July, but the big wedding celebration will definitely be pushed back xD

It’s probably a safe decision for you guys to postpone, being in New York. Especially if you haven’t invested too much into your date, you won’t be fighting with displaced 2020 brides either.
  • Gloria
    Dedicated October 2023
    Gloria ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes that's a big concern too with fighting the other 2020 brides for vendors since we will be using separate vendors for everything due to the venue we still plan to use.

We've also talked about doing an elopement but I also would like to have some sort of celebration at some point. Smiley xd

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics