We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Abby
Beginner November 2020

Postponing Honeymoon

Abby, on July 13, 2020 at 12:15 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 12
Saved Save
Just curious as to if by one is electing to postpone their honeymoons for fall weddings? Obviously certain places aren’t allowing travel, but I’ve also read that Europe will be either requiring Americans to quarantine for 2 weeks or not be allowed to travel there at all.

12 Comments

• Leanne
    Expert September 2020
    Leanne Online ·
    • Flag
    We are waiting to see if we can go to Hawaii for two weeks in September. We can cancel last minute, and may go to Virgin Islands since we don’t need a passport and low case counts.
  • Jessica
    VIP September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    We aren’t going to do a big honeymoon trip this year, but I’m hoping we can still do something shorter within the state. I was thinking maybe a short road trip to some sights further south than we usually venture.
  • Felicia
    Savvy June 2021
    Felicia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We're currently scheduled to go to Hawaii in September as well. Waiting to see if we'll be able to go as well.

• C
    Savvy September 2020
    Cristina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Same here! We’re booked to go to Hawaii in mid-October and we’re still waiting to see if we can go.. If not, we may just push it to next year and just do a local “mini-moon” this year.
  • A
    Super August 2020
    Alex ·
    • Flag

We are supposed to go to Hawaii late August/Early September. We are leaning towards postponing to next year.

• Eri
    Expert October 2020
    Eri ·
    • Flag

We're doing a mini-moon right after the wedding to a local state park (about 3 hours away). Our honeymoon is postponed - we wanted to do an Alaskan cruise next year, but we may just do a road trip to the Smokies or Colorado.

• E
    Savvy September 2020
    Erin ·
    • Flag

We're cancelling our honeymoon and opting for a staycation somewhere driveable for us in NC.

I'm really more upset about cancelling the honeymoon than any of the changes we've made to our actual wedding plans. It was important to me, as someone who just got her money sitch together in the last two years, to be able to have our honeymoon directly after the wedding and pay cash for both, all by our dang selves. Now we're back to the drawing board looking at scenic spots to spend a week along the blue ridge parkway or maybe somewhere on the coast of NC or SC.

• Samantha
    Savvy May 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

We're hoping to stay in the states but I'm concerned about my work, other states' rules, and ultimately how to travel. Driving would take longer but it may be a healthier option. We just want to have time away from work to relax! We only took a day off for the week after, and I'm slightly regretting that. Feels like we haven't fully gotten to celebrate with a vacation yet.

• Kattie
    Dedicated October 2020
    Kattie ·
    • Flag
    We're supposed to be going to Disney World 10/11. I've been watching the case count daily. And every day I say a little more "we aren't going..." 🙃😭
  • Kaleigh
    Dedicated September 2020
    Kaleigh ·
    • Flag
    We are going to Aruba in mid September!
  • Anna
    Super October 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    We’re still planning our very local and short honeymoon after our Oct 24 wedding. But our cabin is only 2 hours from the venue and we’re only staying 2-3 nights.
  • Caitlin
    Beginner September 2020
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag

We are doing something in the states (private cabin in Big Sky) and cancelled our honeymoon to Cabo - we will go next year when its safer to travel out of the country. So more like a one year anniversary trip at this point! Even before COVID we had my sister and a friend who were also going - now next year will be our one year and my sisters 20 year anniversary so we are doing anniversary trips instead! Super bummed its not the fabulous trip we planned right after our wedding, but I would hate to get sick away from home, let alone in another country and I don't want to have to quarantine either when we arrive or get back.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles