Just Said Yes May 2021

postponing again maybe

shaina, on February 20, 2021 at 11:54 AM Posted in California Planning 0 2
Hi brides !

I had to postpone my wedding from last year to this year because of covid. I paid everything cash without help from parents or anyone else and I am scared to lose all that money since most vendors have a no refund policy. The new wedding date is in May and it's in CA Bay Area. As of right now large gatherings and receptions aren't allowed. I am freaking out because I don't know what date to move it to!?!??! Nost weekends are taken this year and I don't know if i can wait 1 more year!! At this rate I feel ill never have the wedding.
My venue told me they will have more information regarding changes to guest count and reception but I am doubtful it will change.


Latest activity by Zara, on March 28, 2021 at 2:34 PM
  • Tee
    Dedicated October 2021
    Tee ·
    • Flag
    Sorry you’re going through this! Definitely understand as a fellow CA bride. Have you considered moving the date to next year or later and doing a micro wedding or elopement this year? Not ideal but at least you can marry with some family/friends present and have a larger reception later. This is our plan—loved the large reception/sequel wedding to 2/10/23 (16th dating anniversary)
    • Reply
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

    I'm so sorry Shaina! Sending you lots of virtual hugs & support! ❤️

    Have you thought about a Friday or Sunday wedding? Or a different weekday?? Dates are definitely booking up as people continue to get engaged!

    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇


Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more


WeddingWire article topics