Hi all, my fiancé and I haven’t made a full decision yet, but are strongly considering postponing our 200 person wedding in So cal in October. We won’t make a decision until August 1, because we haven’t sent out invites yet and will either send out invites or postponement announcements. We already have a soft hold on a date with our venue in April, but April doesn’t feel right. I don’t want have to postpone a second time, but I also don’t want to wait that long. If you were in my shoes would you postpone six months or a whole year? I’m open to hearing your pros and cons and what you did if you had to postpone as well! Thanks all!
We postponed for June 2021 and I keep having doubts that’ll end up working. If you can push it out longer, that would probably be best! We didn’t want to wait to be married, so we went ahead with a super small ceremony on our original date.
We are postponing a whole year. Our original was December 2020 and we are going with December 2021.
We postponed a year for a few reasons...1 is we don't think things will be back to normal in spring 2021 and FHs immediate family is all traveling from out of state and won't travel until the health department says it's safe for people over 60
2 is our whole theme is built around a winter wonderland wedding so it doesn't make sense to postpone into another season. I think April of next year will probably be okay, but only time will tell...
A few things to consider are if you are willing to make some compromises due to the restrictions and what time frame of the year feels right to you
My fiancé and I postponed from July to Feb 2021. We will get married this February unless the government does another full shutdown. We are older in life and this gives us an additional 7 months to come to terms with the restrictions. Plus a small 50ish person wedding sounds better to me than our original 130 guest list. This is a big day. Talk it over with your fiancé and make a list on what’s important for the day. Virtual hugs and good luck.
My wedding was suppose to be June 6. We postponed our wedding, considering everything that is going on. I was stressed and sad over it. Now, I’m over the whole thing and haven’t picked a second date yet. If my venue will allow a full refund, I would have just eloped. I hope the best for you... ❤️
We postponed a whole year. Oct 3, 2020 -> Oct 16, 2021.
The chances of a vaccine being ready by then seem much higher by then versus Spring or early summer. We figured that if we are going to go through postponement we only want to do it once. We also always envisioned a fall wedding.