Soon2Bmrsp
VIP May 2019

Pictures

Soon2Bmrsp, on July 2, 2019 at 9:05 AM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 22
Saved Save

Did any of you share your entire album online from your wedding and the full footage video OR did you invite people over? Did you share just a few pictures?

Fiance just created a google drive and shared it with his entire family. I dont know how to feel about this. I've just never heard of this being done.

22 Comments

• Erin
    Expert May 2020
    Erin ·

A lot of people I know that just got married uploaded ALL of their wedding photos on Facebook. They divided them in different posts by sections such as "Getting Ready", "Groom Portraits", "Bride Portaits", etc. They posted them all in the same album. I also know some people that shared a link to the photos for those that were interested.

• Soon2Bmrsp
    VIP May 2019
    Soon2Bmrsp ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Ok so this is a thing...thank you
  • Erin
    Expert May 2020
    Erin ·
    View Quoted Comment

Yeah... I'll probably just post the highlights online and then make an album for family that wants to come over and look at it.

• Soon2Bmrsp
    VIP May 2019
    Soon2Bmrsp ·
    View Quoted Comment
    That's what I thought people did
  • Melissa
    VIP October 2018
    Melissa ·

Our photographer did not provide albums or online ordering. (Part of the reason his price was so low, and honestly - we preferred it this way) So we had a flash drive with our images. I uploaded them to Flickr and anyone who wanted the link could just look through it, let me know what photos they wanted and I sent them the files.

• FutureMrsN14
    Super July 2018
    FutureMrsN14 ·
    View Quoted Comment
    We did this as well, created some albums on Facebook but we also made books for both our parents and one for us on Shutterfly. Personal preference!
  • Gen
    Master June 2019
    Gen ·
    Our photographer gave us a link to our whole gallery which included 1100+ photos. We shared the link with family and close friends. Then I posted a couple hundred to Facebook.
  • Soon2Bmrsp
    VIP May 2019
    Soon2Bmrsp ·
    Interesting
  • Yoice
    VIP March 2019
    Yoice ·
    I hosted a couple of get to togethers to share the pictures. I had my parents, his parents and then some of our friends. I send the link to certain friends and family for the pictures and video sneak peak. I couldn’t host it for everyone but the I wanted to share it in person with the closest people to us that were all the most excited to see it.
  • Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    We sent the link to our VIPs. I'm still waiting on the flash drive with the photos so all I have is the watermarked ones online -_-

• Soon2Bmrsp
    VIP May 2019
    Soon2Bmrsp ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you for responding, that makes sense

• Soon2Bmrsp
    VIP May 2019
    Soon2Bmrsp ·
    View Quoted Comment

Yeah we sent sneak peek pictures but Hubby just sent the entire album to his family whether they asked or not

• Soon2Bmrsp
    VIP May 2019
    Soon2Bmrsp ·
    View Quoted Comment

That's alot of pictures, we didnt get that many..It seems like that's what everyone is doing-sharing a link, thanks

• Soon2Bmrsp
    VIP May 2019
    Soon2Bmrsp ·
    View Quoted Comment

I like the Shutterfly concept so you have something in your hand to view vs having to go online and sift through pictures

• Soon2Bmrsp
    VIP May 2019
    Soon2Bmrsp ·
    View Quoted Comment

That seems like alot of work-im not sure if I want to send people pictures-cant they just save what they want?

• Soon2Bmrsp
    VIP May 2019
    Soon2Bmrsp ·
    View Quoted Comment

That's what Hubby and I discussed and then this am he tells me he created a link and shared it with family so I dont know

• FutureMrsN14
    Super July 2018
    FutureMrsN14 ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Exactly! We did some of our favorites in an album to have but I wanted to post on Facebook for our family out of state that weren’t able to make it to the wedding
  • Soon2Bmrsp
    VIP May 2019
    Soon2Bmrsp ·
    View Quoted Comment

We just got the pictures last night so in order to make an album i'll need to go back through all of them and pick out some

• Courtney
    Rockstar December 2019
    Courtney ·

We're probably going to post a few of our favorites online, but not all of them. And we also plan on making photo albums for our parents and FHs grandma as a gift.

• Soon2Bmrsp
    VIP May 2019
    Soon2Bmrsp ·
    View Quoted Comment
    That's a great idea

Comment on this discussion