Jennifer
Just Said Yes March 2021

Picking a wedding date help!!

Jennifer, on October 13, 2019 at 12:41 AM Posted in Planning 0 9
Saved Save
My Fiance and I are having a really gsrd tine picking a wedding date! We haven't looked at venue's yet. Is it wise to set a date based on ehat tje

9 Comments

• Shelby
    Devoted November 2020
    Shelby ·
    How we decided our date was I knew I wanted it to be in November 2020, future said well let’s find out about November 7, 2020 if it’s open at the venue. Thankfully it was. But I had already been in contact and met once with my venue so they knew when about I was wanting to do it. But yes it is wise that you pick a day the venue has available because many will not do multiple ceremonies in one day. Good luck and congratulations!
  • C
    Super January 2020
    Cassie ·
    We didn’t choose a date going in just choose the months that we wanted Nov-Jan. As we toured the venues we asked which dates were available and choose one of those. Some people have specific meaningful dates they want to use and have to choose venues based on if that dates available.
  • H
    Super September 2019
    H ·
    It will probably be alot easier to pick a month now and then when you find your venue, pick from their available dates in that month.
  • Jeanie
    Super February 2020
    Jeanie ·
    If there’s not a specific date you want, I would just narrow it down to a month or season. And of course pick a year. Then when you go look at venues, you’ll have a lot of flexibility on what you can choose since you’re not stuck on a certain day. It actually will make it a lot easier because then you can’t get turned down by your favorite place if they’re booked on your chosen day.
  • Gabriella
    Savvy November 2021
    Gabriella ·
    So from personal experience, i wouldn’t get your hopes set on a specific date. I did that and we went to our venue and they didn’t have that date, let alone any saturdays in that month. I would say choose the day of the week you would want and pick two months just incase! And then just go off of the venues availability!!
  • Elizabeth
    Dedicated June 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    I don't think it really matters if you pick a date and then a venue or vice versa - it's just what's more important to you. If picking a date is becoming stressful, pick a venue and then figure out a date based on what they have available.

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    We didn't really choose a date til we chose a venue but if there's a date you've in mind that's significant to you, go for that
  • Danielle
    Dedicated May 2020
    Danielle ·
    I picked month first. I fell in may because it'll be gorgeous Weather for the outside ceremony. Then I wanted to have a long weekend because our families party hard. So I picked Saturday of memorial day weekend because we'll all be off Monday.
  • Kayla
    Devoted November 2020
    Kayla ·

FH and I knew the date we wanted, so we went into venue tours knowing that they may not be an option. Thankfully we started planning early enough that it really didn't become an issue- the first time around. Our first venue did some construction without telling us which ruined the look we were going for. The second venue we picked was fully booked up until our date. So we just got lucky. If you do have a specific date in mind, you'll have to be more open minded about what venue you get. If you can be flexible with the date, you can be more picky about your venue.

Comment on this discussion