We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Alyson
Just Said Yes October 2022

Picking a Date.

Alyson, on October 24, 2020 at 3:41 PM Posted in Planning 0 12
Saved Save
Did anyone else have a really hard time deciding when to get married? We just got engaged 2 weeks ago. We have been together for 7.5 years so it's not like much will change, we already have a house and dog together, share bills etc! I am stuck between fall and spring. Spring may be a little cheaper otherwise I love both seasons. Any midwest girls having a spring wedding or had a spring wedding, any advice? Nervous about rain. But I suppose it could rain in fall too! I just feel all over the place while trying to secure a venue! tenor.gif

12 Comments

Latest activity by Alyson, on October 26, 2020 at 2:55 PM
  • Dallas
    Dedicated November 2020
    Dallas Online ·
    • Flag
    We were In the same boat when deciding on a date! However, we live in TN and spring in TN is really rainy, and we decided on fall because of the leaves changing colors! I’m sure whichever date you pick will be a good one!!
  • Alyson
    Alyson ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Congrats on the engagement and picking a date! I am a sucker for the leaves changing as well in fall. 2 years just seems like a long time!
  • Dallas
    Dedicated November 2020
    Dallas Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!! We got engaged in 2018, and FINALLY we are 13 days away!! But I’m a sucker for the fall colors too! Congrats to you!! It’ll go by quick, believe me 😂
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    We got married in the fall and it rained the entire day lol. So many venues are booked up the next two years, I would honestly start looking at venues and see what they have available, that might help narrow down your options.
  • Michelle
    Super April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    Same boat here-been together the 1st time for 11 yrs-apart for 6 yrs-but have been back together for 4 yrs now. Had some growing up to do. We were at a family reunion when he proposed. We had no idea as to what time of year. With him being a firefighter, summer time is out. His cousin is the one who mentioned April 3rd of 21. We were like “what’s the significance of that date?” She’s like “think about it 4-3-21!!!” We locked in the venue within a month since we knew that was going to be a popular date.
    Start looking at venues & see what dates they have available.
  • Samantha
    Devoted September 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    I live in northwest Indiana/ Chicago area. I had my reception this past September and luckily it was a very beautiful day. My husband wanted weather where people didn’t have to wear coats and wasn’t to hot.
  • Kylie
    Just Said Yes May 2019
    Kylie ·
    • Flag
    I got married in the spring and loved my wedding day and how lush it was. I had a super short engagement and emailed a ton of venues to ask about availability. They actually had a ton open because fall has become the “it” time to get married and spring isn’t as popular as it once was.

But I agree, with the pandemic, I’d start by contacting venues before getting married (no pun intended) and let them know exactly what you said here—you’re open to spring or fall, would be interested in what their gain backup plans are.
  • Nicole
    Beginner July 2021
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    I’m definitely in the same boat. We just got engaged and I have no idea what date to pick. I was leaning towards May 2021 and thought Memorial Day weekend would be nice so guest would have a 3day weekend, however the Saturday falls on my FH actual birthday. So back to the drawing board. I’d like an outdoor wedding when not too hot or cold. 💁🏼‍♀️
  • Christine
    Just Said Yes November 2020
    Christine ·
    • Flag
    Hi! I was between Spring and Fall as well when we decided on our wedding. We had a few dates in mind and then both fell in love with the same one for the Fall. Unfortunately, Covid changed a few things and now we will be getting married in the Spring and had to choose from the two available dates our venue had available. I share this because although it wasn’t our original plan, it ended up being perfect. I’m happier now with the colors I can choose and the changes that we’ve made, and although the date wasn’t really in our first choice, it’s what you make of it. You can’t go wrong either way! Congratulations!!!
  • CountryBride
    Devoted April 2022
    CountryBride ·
    • Flag

Hi congrats on your engagment many blessings to yall. I had the same delema my fiance loves fall and I love spring, I love the rain so that wasnt a factor for me it came down to the colors I wanted which we are doing lavender and light blue so I chose spring. also it depends where you live, I live in Colorado we get snow in March and October so I chose April

• Alyson
    Alyson ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hope your wedding runs smoothly, dang covid for messing things up!! And thank you I just am so indecisive that probably doesnt help either! The venue we want has both dates availability but april is considered their off season ... main reason why I would switch !
  • Alyson
    Alyson ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks and you too! We live in Wisconsin where it can snow either time of the year. He just didnt want summer because he hates the humidity! That's all I got Haha

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles